Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Programme Management Officer(Gender)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment's Policy and Programme Division is responsible for the organization's strategy, overseeing special initiatives, which includes environment and security work, and the organization's performance review and monitoring. This post is located in the Policy and Programme Division at the Nairobi duty station. Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Senior Gender Adviser and Head of Gender and Safeguards Unit (GSU).
1 .Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects related to the implementation of the UNEP Policy and Strategy on Gender Equality and the Environment; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation, reviews relevant documents and reports, identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions, liaises with relevant parties and identifies and tracks follow-up actions with a focus on the gender and environmental and social safeguards component.
2. Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources on gender and environmental and social safeguards issues.
3. Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends in gender and environmental and social safeguards, and the preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
4. Prepares various written outputs on gender and environmental and social safeguards in UNEP, e.g., draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies and inputs to publications.
5. Undertakes outreach activities on gender and environmental and social safeguards issues; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities as required.
6. Performs other duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Document and archive management; Policy drafting and development; Programme management; Training program planning; Project implementation; Research planning; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply