Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Programme Management Officer, Human Settlements
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Programme Management Officer, Human SettlementsWash Assistant (Hygiene and Sanitation)-Uganda
Danish Refugee Council
Programme Operations Coordinator
Save the Children (Kenya)
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human Settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in Urban Economy and Finance Branch of UN-Habitat. Under direct supervision of Coordinator, Urban Economy and Finance Branch.
A. Develop, implement and evaluate normative and operational young men and women's programmes and initiatives which strengthen actions with partners with particular emphasis on youth-led organizations, NGOs, and local government:
1. Coordinate the implementation and evaluation of UN-Habitat's programmes which include support of urban youth-led agencies, improved livelihoods, advocacy and development of public space, inclusive governance and youth rights, and participatory planning.
2. Coordinate the research, documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt, case studies and promising practices.
3. Link UN-Habitat's programmes with other UN agencies including UN-DESA, UNDP, UNFPA, ILO, UNICEF, and align the programmes with the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda.
B. Liaise with partner groups to understand their development needs and to support their involvement in the implementation and monitoring of UN-Habitat's programmes, the SDGs and the New Urban Agenda:
1. Research and keep abreast of trends in UN/youth and youth-led civil society relations with the goal of assuring their engagement in SDG and New Urban Agenda implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
2. Drafting documetns which may be used by youth and youth-led civil society to deliberate issues relevant to the Governing Council and other policy bodies and foras.
3. Inclusion of partners needs in all strategies, programmes and work plan of UN-Habitat.
C. Develop, implement and evaluate normative and operational programmes and activities for young men and women in conflict and post-conflict situtations:
1. Coordinate programmes in post-conflict and conflict cities with partners, assuring both effective and efficient implementation and documentation .
D. Support partners' networks and instructions for information exchange and capacity building related to monitoring and assessment of progress in implementing the New Urban Agenda.
E. Identify innovative approaches and frameworks that facilitate active particiption of youth partners in decision making, policy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
F. Help capture, document, synthesize and disseminate partners' experience; provide partners' perspectives in the development of policies, programmes and projects of UN-Habitat and other United Nations agencies.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Business strategy; Policy drafting and development; Programme management; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)