Programme Management Officer P4
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s Policy and Programme Division performs strategic planning, coordination and monitoring of UNEP’s programmes as well as coordinates UNEP’s engagement with the wider UN system and global processes.
This post is in the Policy and Programme Division, at the Nairobi duty station. Under the supervision of the Head of the Policy Coordination Unit, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
1. Develop strategies and support implementation of institutional frameworks for UNEP to support the work of the UN Country Teams, working with the UN Development Coordination Office, its regional offices, UNEP regional and divisional offices and other related UN entities.Required education
2. Draft policies and strategies for the integration of the environmental dimension of sustainable development into Common Country Analyses and UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks
3. Develops, implements and evaluates assigned projects and programmes; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow -up actions.
4. Researches, organize and prepare written outputs e.g. draft background papers, analyze sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
5. Supports and coordinates, high-level presence and messaging for High-level Political Forum, Environmental Management Group (EMG) and other relevant forums related to engaging with the UN Development System.
6. Coordinates policy development, including review and analysis of issues and trends, work closely with Divisions, Regional offices and Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) to offer to Member States support in the development of relevant environmental policies, laws and norms to achieve the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at the local, national, regional and global levels using integrated approaches.
7. Coordinates the development and communication of strategic partnerships.
8. Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)