Job verified by Fuzu
United Nations | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Programme Management Officer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in UN Environment’s Corporate Services Division, under the direct supervision of the Chief, Enterprise Solutions Section.
1. Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects related to the implementation of the UN Environment intranet as the principal enterprise knowledge sharing, and culture-change platform; monitor and analyze programme/project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
2. Perform consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan.
3. Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources, including from the various enterprise systems.
4. Assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
5. Undertake survey initiatives; design data collection tools; review, analyze and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions and publishing on the UN Environment intranet.
6. Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies and inputs to publications.
7. Provide substantive support to consultative and other meetings and conferences, including proposing agenda topics, identify participants, prepare documents and presentations.
8. Undertake outreach activities; conduct training workshops and seminars; make presentations on assigned topics/activities, especially relating to enterprise systems solutions.
9. Participate in or lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and draft mission summaries.
10. Coordinate activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports and financial statements) and prepare related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
11. Perform other duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Policy drafting and development; Programme management; Training program planning; Data analysisRequired languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply