Programme Manager - Urban
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of field level experience in managing high budget project/programs in an international NGO, UN agency or other relevant agency
- Technical experience in Livelihoods programming preferred and experience with protection an added advantage.
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing multiple location, high budget projects/program.
- Experience working in displacement responses in multi-sectoral interventions.
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work both independently and within a team in a demanding working environment.
- Robust analytical and strategic planning skills
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, partners, local organizations, and other stakeholders
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Master’s degree in development studies, Food Security, social work and social sciences or other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Duties & Responsibilities:Programme Management Required education
Reporting, Grants and MEAL
- Collaborate and coordinate with team leaders to ensure high quality day-to-day technical management of activities, meeting of project targets and deliverables, with strict adherence to international humanitarian principles, DRC core values and code of conduct, technical standards and best practices of DRC’s other programming.
- Monitor project implementation, budget spending and progress through communication with the finance officer and the sector Leads.
- Ensure project management tools, including detailed implementation plan and performance monitoring tracker are in place, followed and updated.
- Provide guidance and oversight on the budget management in all aspects of project implementation, scale up, and scale-down, in accordance with the donor-approved grant agreements.
- Convene quarterly project meetings as well as CO level to discuss relevant programme and financial issues and progresses.
- Ensure programme quality and consistency and harmonization in implementation of protection, livelihoods and training interventions
- Develop and maintain cordial working relationships with key stakeholders, including National and County government line ministries, UN agencies, INGOs, Private Partners, community and other stakeholders. In line with this, represent DRC by actively participating in coordination meetings, working groups and any other meetings as requested by other stakeholders
- Ensure regular reporting for both internal and donor purposes are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner. This will include providing periodic donor reports and internal spontaneous reports for various purposes.
- Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions, accountability mechanisms are in place and learning takes place regularly and feeds into the programme cycle management.
- Work with relevant MEAL staff to coordinate and roll out the Urban area MEAL system, including assessments and ensuring adequate monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of activities against all indicators. Ensure that MEAL system is applied across the project locations.
- Ensure project plans for accountability to affected communities are implemented throughout the project period
- Ensure project plans for communication and visibility are implemented as per the donor’s rules and regulation
- Ensure beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints are respectfully collected and responses are provided as per DRC’s framework for beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints collection and response mechanisms.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of DRC Kenya programming through active and ongoing participation in and contribution to strategic planning meetings and development of strategic documents.
- In collaboration with the Head of Programme, contribute to the sustainable management of programme growth and development, ensuring that existing capacities are considered for future strategic growth.
- Support programme team/SMT to identify and track fundraising priorities and create proactive engagement strategies
- Coordinate proposal development processes across functional teams and with external partners
- Support DRC’s programme development, including prospect research, proposal coordination and writing, and quality assurance of proposals.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),