Programme Officer, Communication & Information UNATCOM
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Ref. No. : HRM 48/185/01 (79) (64)
Qualifications and Work experience:
• An Honors Bachelors’ degree in the fields of Communication and Information Technology.
• Post Graduate Diploma in management, project planning and administration;
• Minimum of six (06) years working experience Three (03) of which should have been at the level of Senior Officer (U3) in a reputable organization.
• Age Limit below 50 years for New Entrants
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts that have fallen vacant at the Ministry of Education and Sports Headquarters, Department of Teacher, Instructor Education and Training (TIET) Institutions and Kampala Capital City Authority Primary Schools. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Education Service Commission Form 3 (1998) to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, Farmers’ House Parliamentary Avenue P. O. Box 7196, Kampala, to be received no later than 21st February 2020. The Application forms, as well as further details on the advertisement, can be accessed from the Education Service Commission website on www.esc.go.ug. Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy and applicants should not apply for more than one (1) post. Applicants should attach to each application form photocopies of all the academic certificates and transcripts, other relevant supporting documents, and a recent passport size photograph on each application form. Only qualifications from recognized Institutions will be considered. Serving Public Officers must route their applications through their immediate Supervisor/Head of Institution/Department, who should be advised of the closing date to avoid delay. Applications that are not properly routed will not be considered. For all posts, qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Lead in the overall development and implementation of programme strategy and the design and development of specific projects and initiatives in the programme area.
• Assist and advise government ministries, departments, agencies, institutions, NGOs and other partners in interpretation of UNESCO policies and standard instruments and developing projects in line with UNESCO’s guidelines, framework, and budget.
• Identify and initiate policy issues, plans, and guidelines, best practices in the programme area to support evidence-based programming.
• Provide advice to government and clients for actions in UNESCO’s field of competence
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)