Job verified by Fuzu
UNESCO | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences and the functional authority from UNESCO Multi-Sectoral Regional Office for Eastern Africa and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Specialist Natural Sciences, the incumbent will participate in the identification of needs, develop, plan, organize, implement, monitor, evaluate and provide technical support for UNESCO’s programmes and activities in Science Policy and Capacity Building in the Nairobi Office. The incumbent will work within the frameworks of UNESCO’s Medium-Term Strategy (C/4),the Programme and Budget (C/5) and global developments plans such as Agenda 2030. S/He will also participate in joint programming exercises within the framework of the UN Reform and ‘Delivering As One’, such as Common Country Assessments/United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (CCA/UNDAF).
• Contribute to the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of the programme and activities related to UNESCO’s Natural Sciences Sector funded under Regular and Extra Budgetary resources, in the area of UNESCO’s STI (Science, Technology and Innovation) and related initiatives, policy research and sector studies. Participate in the building of human and institutional capacities in science, technology and innovation institutions and programmes in the region.
• Provide advisory services, technical assistance, plan, execute and evaluate activities for UNESCO’s programmes for the advancement of women and youth in STI in the Member States in the region.
• Maintain close contacts with the concerned (sub-) regional/national/local authorities and contribute to the development of national science policies. In this context, maintain and ensure relations with science and technology institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations. Support the development and implementation of science related programmes and activities in partnership with the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) and the East African Community (EAC). Establish, develop and maintain cooperative links with National Commissions, science-related Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, tertiary education and research and development (R&D) institutions.
• Identify, design and implement extrabudgetary projects to reinforce the office’s Regular Programme and contribute to resource mobilization in support of interdisciplinary programme activities in STI for the implementation of national and/or regional strategies for sustainable development in the Eastern Africa region.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project implementation; Strategizing; Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Partnerships; Programme management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E)Required languages:
French (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply