Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Redcross | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Programmes Aquisition Officer
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Programmes Aquisition OfficerSenior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Inputs
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Senior Technical Advisor, Regional Policy Environment
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Trade and Value Chains
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Demonstrated passion for and understanding of television contents.
Core expertise in programming, acquisitions or distribution of finished films.
A good working knowledge of the worldwide TV industry, TV formats and the broader media industry.
Strong relationship with the world’s leading TV production companies and distributors.
Strong communication and negotiation skills.
The ideal candidate must possess a business degree with focus in Sales, Marketing, Commerce, Trade and a minimum of 5 years of TV programming and 3 years of TV content acquisition or TV content distribution experience.Application process
Applicants should submit the following:
- A one-page cover letter, explaining how your skills and experience apply to this role.
- A CV of no more than 3 pages, including the names of three professional references
- Please do not send copies of testimonials, certificates or any other back-up documentation. Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number.
The Secretary General
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
• Reporting to the Head of Content the Program Acquisition Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Research local and international TV trends, formats, finished programs.
• Identification of youth content for acquisition.
• Maintaining strong relationship with the representatives of international format owners and film studios.
• Communicating market trends and new content opportunities to internal and external partners. Developing finished program and foreign acquisition strategy of the channel.
• Participating in the development of long-term program planning, including program selection, planning, timing, seasoning.
• Supporting the Head of Content in the selection of international formats (e.g. reality, game show, talent show, entertainment).
• Recommendations to the Head of Content regarding the acquisition of international finished programs (e.g. drama, comedy, scripted reality, lifestyle, factual entertainment).
• Participating in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting,security requirements, amendments).
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Market research, intelligence; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Technical support; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)