Job verified by Fuzu
Farm Africa | Karamoja, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Project Accountant & Administrator
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Project Accountant & AdministratorFinance and Strategy Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Senior Finance Officer
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Custom location,
To ensure a high standard of financial management and reporting for Farm Africa’s £2.5m, four
year, Livestock for Livelihoods project.
To apply, please send a CV, salary history, and a two-page supporting statement detailing how you meet the person specification and including ‘Project Accountant & Administrator’ in the subject line.
1. Accounting and Finance - managing income and expenditure processing, and maintaining accurate financial records - in particular:
Budgeting and budget management tasks including:
- Ensuring prompt and accurate accounting for all project income and expenditure using QuickBooks.
Ensuring that proper accounting records are maintained across all field sites including debtor and creditor listings and staff working advance records, carrying out monthly reconciliations.
Coding and gaining authorisation for all expenditure according to Farm Africa procedures
Ensuring timely payment of all invoices and expenditures.
Preparation of monthly payroll payment requests and calculation of statutory contributions due
Ensuring enough cash available for smooth implementation of the project by preparing and submitting monthly cash forecast to the Uganda Country Office.
Ensuring Finance & Administration Assistants in field offices have sufficient cash available to meet project running costs .
Undertaking regular banking duties including checking of balances, prompt cash and cheque deposits, collecting bank statements periodically as may be required. And acting as a bank agent for Farm Africa.
Performing monthly general ledger accounting reconciliations and analysis ensuring accuracy of ledger and month end reporting in accordance with GAAP, organisational policy and donor regulations. This includes reconciliations of bank, cash, SWA, Prepayments and creditors/Interproject accounts Financial reporting including.
Supplying accurate and complete monthly project accounts to the Country Office team.
Producing financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements.
Reviewing and feeding back on monthly Budget Monitoring Reports.
• Assisting the Project Coordinator with preparing and checking of budgets during the annual planning process
• Assisting the Project Coordinator with preparing and checking budget revisions during the year as required
• Assisting the Country Office team with developing draft budgets for new programmes
Ensuring compliance with standards contained in the Farm Africa Finance Procedures Manual, and in particular:
• Advising the Project Coordinator and/or Country Representative on relevant budgetary control measures to address any identified weakness in policy and/or practice.
• Feeding back any pertinent financial management issues to the Finance Administrative Manager and/or Country Representative
• Ensuring annual project audit is carried out on time and conducted in an organized manner
• Ensuring all procurement is carried out in adherence to Farm Africa’s procurement policies.
• Ensuring time sheets are completed where necessary (any staff member who is not 100% dedicated to the project)
• Ensuring driver and vehicle log books in place, that fuel records for all vehicles are analyzed on a monthly basis, and that cars and motorcycles are comprehensively insured are being maintained and serviced according to supplier guidelines.
• Assisting the Driver (Moroto) and Finance & Admin Assistants with managing their workload in accordance with the requirements of other project team members
• Holding supervision sessions with the Driver (Moroto) at least once per quarter (to discuss progress against work plans and targets and resolve any outstanding issues)
• Holding supervision sessions with the Finance & Admin Assistants at least once per month (to discuss progress against work plans and targets and resolve any outstanding issues)
• Ensuring all direct reports have objectives in place and their performance regularly appraised in line with Farm Africa’s systems and policies.
Playing a key role in delivering the wider objectives of Farm Africa’s Livestock for Livelihoods project in Uganda including:
• Facilities management for Moroto Office, and oversight of facilities management in satellite offices
• Assisting with facilitating monitoring and communications visits from Donors and/or the wider Farm Africa team
• Maintaining proper personnel files for the Livestock for Livelihoods project team such as leave records, annual appraisals and general personal records
• Undertaking any other duties as reasonably requested by the project coordinator
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KaramojaArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Accounting; Compliance; Payroll; Financial analytics and forecasting; Quality control and supervision; Accounting IT-systems (use of)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)