Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 21 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its
successful model across Africa.We are looking for an accountant with a few years of experience in project accounting and reporting.
- Create project accounts in the accounting system
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts, invoices, budgets, expense reports, etc
- Accounting of all project-related costs and revenues
- Weekly and monthly project reporting to line and project managers, including financial project analysis, budget/forecast vs actuals, etc.
- Prepare project forecasts and budgets in cooperation with the project managers;
- Prepare project cash flow forecast
- External reporting for grants on a quarterly or periodic basis (for milestones)
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Carry out daily and monthly reconciliations
- Formal accounting qualification such as a degree in finance/accounting, or a recognized accounting qualification
- Analytical skills in Excel,including use of reference formulas
- Experience with QB and/or Microsoft NAV is a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience working a finance department, carrying out standard accounting procedures
- Ability to be exceptionally organized and be proficient at multi-tasking
- Excellent problem finding and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- CPA qualification
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Salary range: Confidential
Indicate your salary expectation