Youth Alive Uganda (YAU) Lira, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have today left to apply for this job.
The Project Accountant will provide proactive, efficient and effective management support
for the ICYD Activity. The Accountant will ensure financial integrity of the project, assist the
project manager and the entire project team in Finance related tasks and ensure
accountability, and compliance with donor and YAU rules and regulations. S/he will play a
pivotal role in ensuring adherence to financial policies, activity policies and procedures,
regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Project Accountant will provide accounting
and financial analysis support to the project and will ensure submission of financial reports
based on internal deadlines. S/he will work with guidance from the Finance and Compliance
Manager to ensure compliance of all contractual, accounting and financial reporting
functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts
receivable/payable, payroll, ensuring proper documentation, and troubleshooting accounting
• Financial Management of the project and providing follow – up at a regional level.
• Ensure consolidation, control, reporting and analysis of financial and accounting data for the project.
• Work closely with procurement management team for all approvals and purchasing of equipment and supplies
• Prepare monthly bank and mobile money account reconciliation statements for review by the Finance and Compliance Manager
• Manage mobile money and Bank transactions and cash flows.
• Review monthly fuel consumption reports, vehicle repairs and maintenance and asset registers • Prepare staff payroll and remitting statutory deductions on a timely basis
• Prepare project documents/ Cash forecasts to disburse funds and prepare reports.
• Support project manager and officers with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
• Conduct budget monitoring and provide monthly and quarterly updates on budget utilization and performance.
• Develop financial performance measures in liaison with Finance and Compliance Manager
• Ensure that project cash flows are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the day to day finances, including processing invoices and following up on recharges and payments in collaboration with Finance and Compliance Manager
• Risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
• Manage the external audit and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
• Work with the Project team to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled
• Ensure that all financial documents are properly stored and archived for referencing and verification during internal and external audits
• Prepare timely and accurate financial reports as required by the Project management team
• Submit reports to the Project Manager team responsible for oversight to ensure adherence to international finance and donor requirements.
• Be responsible for monitoring the budget utilization and communicate any issues to the project management team.
• Guide the Project Manager on financial monitoring issues, expenditure and alignment with targets and overall implementation plan.
• Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role Required
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Youth Alive Uganda (YAU)
Youth Alive Uganda (YAU) / Kampala
Graduate Recruitment 2021
Nairobi / PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Nairobi / E-Plus
Credit Analyst - Global Role
Nairobi / M-KOPA SOLAR
Senior Internal Auditor-Bukomansimbi District Local Government
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Ruiru / Burn