Youth Alive Uganda (YAU) Kampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Project Accountant will provideproactive, efficient and effective management support for the EAYIP Project.The Accountant will assist the project manager and the entire project team inFinance related tasks and ensure grant accountability and compliance standards
• Financial Management of the project and providing follow - up at a regional level.
• Ensure consolidation, Control, reporting and analysis of financial and accounting data for the project.
• Manage project procurement logistics matters.
• Manage Mobile money transactions and cashflows.
• Ensure timely preparation and filling of all required tax returns.
• Prepare project documents/ Cash forecasts to disburse funds and prepare reports.
• Support project manager and officers with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
• Develop financial performance measures in liaison with Project Manager
• Ensure that project cash flows are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the day to day finances, including processing invoices and following up on recharges and payments in collaboration with Project Manager
• Risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
• Manage the external audit and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
• Work with the Project Manager to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled
• Ensure that all financial documents are properly stored and archived for referencing and verification during internal and external audits
• Prepare timely and accurate financial reports as required by the Project management team
• Submit reports to the Project Manager responsible for oversight to ensure adherence to international finance and donor requirements.
• Be responsible for monitoring the budget utilization and communicate any issues to the project management team.
• Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)