Raising The VillageUganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Project Officer, Raising The Village’s (RTV) Project Assistant works to implement RTV’s methodology throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, financial literacy and village savings and loans, gender equality and community driven development, etc. Project Assistant works in collaboration with government officials and community members to improve household income, promote gender equality and eradicate ultra-poverty in last mile hard to reach communities.
• Conduct project design review meetings with respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
• Coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behavior and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
• Responsible to implement RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
• Develop and submit list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RTV based projects.
Reporting and Administration
• Develop and manage workplans;
• Complete field reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the Senior Project Officer;
• Take photographs and share for data repository.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Providing feedback and recommendations to the Project Officer and Senior Project Officer, and the program team to improve RTV’s way of work;
• Provide suggestions to management on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure sustainability of RTV projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Raising The Village
Raising The Village / Uganda
Provost Officer- General Service Officer(GSO) Cadet
Nairobi / Ministry of Defence
Invitation for engaging Local Service Providers (LSP) on SUPREME Project implementation in West Nile - Arua
Custom location, / SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Kirinyaga Children Home Caregiver/Mothers
Kirinyaga / County Government of Kirinyaga
Livelihood Assistant - Korea Climate Change Project
Custom location, / World Vision