Job verified by Fuzu
Norwegian Refugee Council | Homabay, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Project Assistant -Shelter (Social) Kyangwali (for Ugandan Nationals)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
1. Is a none technical role to support the Shelter team in the software and community based aspects of the project.
2. Conduct the selection of Beneficiaries for shelter activities in coordination with stakeholders
3. Ensuring all project activities are in accordance with budgetary constraints and being implemented on schedule.
4. Assisting in planning for project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning.
5. Preparation of periodic reports on the construction activities, including documentation of final hand over and closure of projects.
6. Participation in NRC construction quality assurance and report validation.
7. Investigating and facilitating introduction of new technologies and approaches for shelter provision.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: HomabayArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Quality management; Project preparation and planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Project implementation; Programme management; ReportingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply