Job verified by Fuzu
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (Uganda) | Entebbe, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Engineering, architecture
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to support government of Uganda’s efforts to attain rice self-sufficiency through “Enhancing National Food Security through Increased Rice Production (ENRP) Project.” The project will contribute to the increase in production, marketing and consumption of rice for improved Nutrition, Food Security and Incomes in Uganda as well as support, build and strengthen the institutional and technical capacities, for sustained agricultural growth that contributes to the poverty alleviation and food security.
Heading, Coordinating, planning, designing and implementing of all project engineering activities and ensure close liaison with the project management and steering committee.Qualifications
Applicants should fill Public Service Commission (PSC) Form 3 (2008) here:http://psc.go.ug/downloads, in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials, appointment letters as evidence of working experience and two referees, one of whom must be a current or previous employer and most recent passport photographs. Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, and delivered to the Open Registry.
- Draw/Review Terms of Reference for irrigation studies and Environmental assessment.
- Carry out an Evaluation of Engineering aspects of the project.
- Carry out supervision for activities under review for delivery.
- Preparation of Progress Reports (including Quarterly and Annual Reports).
- Support the conduct of environmental impact assessments for all construction works.
- Supervision of the consultant to comply with the Terms of Reference, Technical Specifications and drawings in the contract and any other regulatory and contractual obligations related to Engineering.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor all assigned projects as well as Monitor compliance in all areas
- Build capacity of MAAIF and district staff, and project beneficiaries in irrigation and drainage development, and Irrigation infrastructure Management and maintenance through Water Users Associations (WUA)
- Participate in the preparation of all procurement documents related to the procurement of consultancy services and contractors for the implementation of the Project;
- Participate in contract negotiations with the consultants recommended for award of contract;
- Maintain proper records of all Engineering procurement documentation and develop a monitoring and reporting system in line with the IDB’s progress reporting requirements;
- Observe the implementation progress of the Project and advise the Project Coordinator on issues that need attention and improvement;
- Follow-up closely on the activities of the consultant’s and contractor’s works with the view to ensure that they adhere to the project implementation schedule and generally advise the Project Coordinator on progress; as well as monitor the progress of the works by comparing the actual progress with the approved programme of the works and recommend to the Contractor the appropriate measures to be taken, in case the works are behind schedule;
- Participate in organizing and always attending site meetings to review progress of the Works.
- To prepare draft agendas and minutes of meetings of all formal visits in which he participates;
- Advise the Project Management on possible ways to avoid unforeseen extra expenditures for the project; as well as on any possible claim or contractual problems arising during the works.
- Ensure that consultants prepares reports at all stages of the project and that the views of the Government, IDB and other stakeholders are duly incorporated in the final reports;
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be instructed by the Supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: EntebbeArea of work
: Engineering, architectureSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Construction management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Document and archive management; Contractual negotiations; Project preparation and planning; Project implementation; EngineeringRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply