ITA Uganda is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the vacant position of Project Manager for the IITA-led DINU Project. The position will report to the Country Representative of IITA in Uganda.
The candidate should at least have a Master’s degree in biological or social sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university with experience in agricultural technology transfer and management of partnerships.
• Provide overall leadership and coordination of project team to ensure that project targets are achieved within the set timelines and corresponding budgets.
• Develop elaborate work plans for all actions and activities of the project.
• Coordinate planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
• Create efficient mechanisms for synergies and extensive sharing of knowledge between the three result areas.
• Prepare the periodic financial and technical reports which include - quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
• Liaising with similar DINU and other projects in Lango and Teso to ensure synergies and cohesion.
• Establish and strengthen productive partnerships with public (district) and private sector partners to facilitate learning and knowledge sharing.
• Organize coordination-planning and review meetings with the project implementing partners.
• Work closely with the MEL officer to develop a performance management plan for the projects and monitor the implementation processes to track milestones.
• Contribute to publication of action research results and success stories.
• Perform any other activities as may be assigned by supervisor.