Job verified by Fuzu
Safe World | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Project ManagerProgram Management Specialist - Peace Building.
Deputy Area Manager –(Uganda)
Danish Refugee Council
Associate Director, Field Operations-Uganda
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
There will be a matrix reporting relationship. The Project Manager will report to Saferworld’s Kenya Country Manager on day-to-day administrative issues. The Project Manager will also report to the Consortium Steering Committee comprising of Heads of the four consortium partners, Peace Brigades International, Saferworld Kenya Programme, Mathare Social Justice Centre and Ghetto Foundation who will provide the overall strategic oversight.
The Project Manager will work closely with and coordinate 4 Project Coordinators from the four consortium partners who will form the Project Implementation Team. The Project Manager will also work closely with and supervise the Project Finance Assistant. S/he will also work closely with Saferworld’s M & E Coordinator.
He/she will oversee the general implementation and coordination of the project and ensure that activities are carried out, timeline is kept, and the work plan is adhered to. Additionally, the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall preparation and compilation of the narrative reporting to the EU and keeping track of relevant deadlines. S/he will also manage the consortium relationships at both strategic and technical levels.
• Internalize and monitor EU guidelines and obligations related to reporting and visibility and ensure adherence within the entire scope of the project.
• Support and coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of activities being undertaken byrespective consortium project coordinators to ensure:
o project delivers its aims in an effective, timely and coordinated manner
o project work plans are developed and updated regularly
o timely completion of activities with documentation of results
o timely completion and submission of internal and donor reports
• Monitor and ensure all aspects of the projects contractual documentation are in place.
• Identify any risks to the successful implementation of the project at an early stage and, together with the steering committee, set up risk mitigation measures.
Consortium Coordination and Management
• Convene and support the Steering Committee in its operational oversight role.
• Convene and coordinate frequent joint meetings within the consortium structure.
• Ensure smooth communication between the consortium partners both at strategic and technical levels through timely collection, collation and sharing of essential information in a clear manner.
• Support partners to comply with agreed MoUs and EU financial and project guidelines through proper induction and close follow-up with each partner on processes.
Staff management and development
• Provide line management to the Project Finance Assistant.
• Monitor and support staff in line with Saferworld’s performance management system.
• Ensure all activity expenditure is within the appropriate budget allocations.
• Lead in ensuring timely and accurate project budgeting and project forecasting.
• Monitor the project budget and expenditure on a monthly basis to ensure optimum utilisation of funds and highlight any concerns promptly to the steering committee and/or individual consortium members for prompt rectification.
• Work with partners to ensure timely preparation of expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with financial procedures.
• Ensure that consortium staff comply with EU financial management policies through proper induction and
close follow-up with each partner on processes.
Networking, Communication and Advocacy
• Identify and develop relationships with key strategic partners in government, civil society, media and other actors in Kenya.
• Monitor official and non-governmental debates on themes related to security, justice and human rights in Kenya to identify the best opportunities for the project to provide input into policy debate.
• Ensure effective communication of project activities, results and lessons amongst the consortium partners.
• Represent the project at meetings, seminars, co-ordination fora and other events as appropriate.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Ensure partners are aware of, and adhere to, narrative guidelines for the various reporting cycles. Provide
training where needed and provide continuous assistance with the use of evaluation tools for the project.
• Collect relevant information for narrative reporting to the donor – in close collaboration with the Project
Coordinators and Finance Assistant.
• Produce narrative reports for the donor and keep track of relevant deadlines and guidelines.
• Communicate with the donor and produce relevant written requests or justifications in case of adjustments to the timeline of activities or other changes within the project implementation cycle.
• Work with Saferworld’s M & E Coordinator to ensure that the project indicators are tracked and reported and to ensure that outcomes are mapped and harvested.
Strategy and programme development
• Where appropriate, contribute to the development of Saferworld’s Kenya country strategy (or that of other consortium partners) by providing analysis of human rights and security developments.
• Occasionally participate in programmatic meetings within Saferworld (or that of other consortium partners) in line with the organisation’s strategies.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Grant and fund management; Human resource and personnel development; Strategizing; Lobbying, advocacy; Project preparation and planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)