Job verified by Fuzu
Save the Children (Uganda) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager.
- Project Manager will support South Sudanese refugees and host communities Palorinya, Imvepi and Bidi bidi refugee settlement in Moyo, Arua and Yumbe districts respectively in the West Nile region of Uganda. The project aimed to respond to urgent needs for economic stabilisation and at supporting longer term self-reliance of refugees and hosting communities.
- Save the Children's Project Manager will create emergency livelihoods through cash for work activities for 30 days (i.e.7,500 work days) to 1,250 refugees and hosting communities in, and livelihood recovery options through microbusiness development to 1000 among them.
- Experience managing high-quality Japan/UNDP-funded project(s).
Experience managing livelihoods projects, including small business development for an international NGO and demonstrated skills in program planning, and all aspects of project management.
Experience in promoting children's rights and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNDP regulations and policies.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Project preparation and planning; Project implementation; Economics and businessRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply