Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Project ManagerSenior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Inputs
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Senior Technical Advisor, Regional Policy Environment
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Trade and Value Chains
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The postholder will be an experienced professional able to play a central role in establishing momentum; creating accountability for delivery; identifying opportunities for partnership and innovation; and in anticipating and solving problems. While the postholder isn’t expected to be a specialist in the issues covered by the initiative, they will need to have a good understanding of participation and rights, and a strong grasp of the projects’ objectives.
The postholder will need to do this across six federated International NGO structures, working in a ‘horizontal’ structure with people in different time zones and diverse organizational cultures. He or she must be able to plan and communicate clearly and efficiently, ensure that administrative tasks are delivered on time, manage multiple demands, initiate activities, and be personally committed to the goals of the two projects and the principles and approach of the supporting organisations.
The project manager will work with the steering group chairs to prepare the bi-annual CEO meetings; ensure that the two projects link effectively on an operational level where this is relevant; maintain a regular rhythm of meetings for the two groups and ensure that these drive forward action; and keep participating countries fully engaged and informed.
• Facilitates development of the work plans and budget, ensuring ownership and agreement across the stakeholders.
• Oversees and monitors implementation of the Ending Violence and Child Rights Now plans and ensures the groups’ delivery of agreed actions and Work Plan activities.
• Organizes virtual and face-to-face meetings of the groups including any meeting the group and/or members of the groups may have related to Joining Forces.
• Liaises with the national focal point persons for the two projects.
• Facilitates relations and communications across and between the two groups, and with the CEOs of the six supporting organisations.
• Coordinates regular communications for both groups that enable timely sharing of information.
• Facilitates the production of papers (Concept Notes, ToRs, etc.).
• Prepares presentations and any other public and/or internal engagement to present the work and results of the group.
• Calls attention of both chairpersons in case of conflicting messages/instructions, load issues etc. relating to the project manager and her/his staff.
• Work with the chairs in developing the agenda for virtual and face-to-face meetings.
• Provide members of the group with relevant documents and pre-reads for virtual and face-to-face meetings.
• Track and report against progress for objectives and key performance indicators
• Ensure that an up-to-date list of the groups’ membership and emails is maintained.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Quality management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)