Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
KEPSA is the apex body of the private sector in Kenya to drive economic development through year on year improvements in the business environment by addressing cross-cutting business issues, driving investments and addressing socio-economic issues with partners. It brings together business associations, corporate bodies, SMEs, and start-ups to speak in one voice, working closely with Government and other stakeholders through structured public – private dialogue platforms, and other engagement mechanisms.
The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA), is implementing a three-year Sustainable Inclusive Business (SIB – K) program that seeks to empower and support business to embrace sustainability in their business models; reduce carbon footprint and negative impact on the planet and increase the positive impact on people while generating profit.
The program is expected to increase awareness, knowledge and social dialogue on the importance and chances of Corporate Social Investments, sustainability and inclusiveness amongst SMEs and Corporates, leading to expanded and strengthened application of SIB principles, strategies and practices within businesses (small, medium and large).
KEPSA is in the process of recruiting a project officer who will work with its existing team towards the successful implementation of this program.Project Officer
The project officer will support the overall planning of projects, and maintain good relations with partners during implementation; from communication with project partners and stakeholders, monitoring and timely execution of planned activities. A strategic thinker, hands-on as well as possess the ability to scout for calls for proposals and contribute in writing concept notes and proposals. She/he will contribute to the sustainability of SIB-K by running and developing projects and paid assignments.
• Responsible for setting and implementing the work plan aspects of projects (and beyond) and set realistic timeframes for the targets.
• In charge of project implementation and paid work;
• Identify funding opportunities and stay tuned with call for proposals
• Contribute to writing concepts and project proposals by providing structure, project planning, and strategy
• Responsible for liaison with partners (for the ongoing projects) to identify capacity gaps, define required support, and develop tailored solutions
• Contribute during weekly/monthly meetings to look at challenges and solutions for sustainable growth.
• Plan and implement workshops, seminars, and the annual project conference
• Improve processes and observe donor policies to ensure successful project implementation. Implement the policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Responsible for maintenance of a good flow of communication and information between SIB-K’s partner institutions.
• Responsible for the detailed input (from projects) for annual reports and budgets.
• At least five years of work experience with a proven track record and exposure to Project implementation and management;
• Solid Knowledge of Sustainability, Inclusion in the Business context;
• Knowledge of tools and project formats
• Ability to create pieces of training, workshops as ‘products’
• Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
• Good understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among colleagues, partners, and stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid understanding of financial management.
• Shows leadership, initiative, and strategic eye for project development, proposal writing, and needs in the area of sustainable inclusive business.
We are looking for a candidate who holds a degree in Projects Management, Business Management, or any other relevant field
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
KEPSA has no other jobs