Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Turkana, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Project Officer- Peace Building
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
To provide support to the project design, implementation and monitoring in the Peace Building activities of ECaP, guided by WV Kenya Policies. Fully responsible for the smooth, cost effective, efficient and timely implementation of Peace Building project activities as per the implementation plan and allocated budget. Collaborate with National Peace building Coordinator and the Project Manager to ensure operational and administrative support to project activities. Ensure community participation and involvement in peace building activities for success of their development process for sustainability.
To facilitate ECaP initiatives geared towards reducing both intra and inter-community conflicts between the refugee and host in Kakuma and Kalobeyei in line with the Refugee Act, Peace Education Policy and the National Peace Building Policy.
Peace Building management in the AP 50%
• Provide support for responsible and accountable management and coordination of the ECaP activities in Kakuma and Kalobeyei in accordance with WV Policies and guidelines to WV Kenya.
• Promote good stewardship and high accountability through efficient and economical utilization of resources in the project
• Liaise closely with the Project Manager, National Peace Building Coordinator and AP Manager in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation of Peace Building activities in the area program.
• Liaise with the Project Manager and the National Peace Building Coordinator to handle visitors including donors, partners, support offices and national office staff visiting the project.
• Work closely with other peace stakeholder in Turkana County to foster peace in Kakuma and Kalobeyei.
• Sensitize and engage peace committees, communities, government departments, school Children, youth and women groups on peace building initiatives.
Carry out project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting 20%
• Execute activities as per ECaP Detailed Implementation Plan timely and responsibly
• Monitor progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework.
• Participate in program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs in Peace Building
• Generate regular monthly, quarterly and annual site Peace Building reports
• Support ECaP staff and partners to implement and monitor project activities towards realization of project outputs in a timely and effective manner
• Participate in project periodic review meetings
Representation and Networking 10%
• Represent ECaP in Peace Building Forums at the field level and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations
• Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and to keep the Project Manager and the National Peace Building Coordinator informed on the same
• Develop a network of gathering and documenting of information relevant to Peace Building operations
• Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the County and neighboring counties.
Community mobilization and sensitization 15%
• Assist communities identify their priorities, opportunities and resources for effective Peace Building project implementation
• Facilitate communities to fully participate in project activities for enhanced community ownership and sustainability of Peace Building program through sports, cultural events, national and international events
• Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities in Peace Building
• Enhance synergies within the communities to achieve integration and attainment of regional peace objectives
• Facilitate peace forums aimed at promoting peace in communities including elders dialogue sessions, women forums and Peace Committee forums
• Facilitate identification and capacity building of community leadership and community based organizations in Peace Building matters
• Enhance and sensitize communities and partners in Local Capacities for Peace and ensure LCP and DNH principles are mainstreamed in development planning across different sectors of the project.
Staff Care and Spiritual Leadership 5%
• Participate in staff devotions
• Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by your supervisor from time to time
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: TurkanaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Partnerships; People management; Project preparation and planning; Training program planning; Project implementation; Conflict and crisis managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply