Project Team Leader -Naivasha
Salary range: Up to KSh32,000 | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
Not only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility.
Since 2013, BURN has sold 600,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa.
The Employee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Carry-out mini-stakeholder events in community such as re-training, cooking events etc
- Have a clear understanding of the stove
- Understand why and report reasons why some households could stop using the cook-stoves
- Identify future community needs hence future project opportunities within their communities
- Educate the communities on the benefits of our cook-stove and consequently assure high-level usage
- Manage sales teams within assigned areas
- Reach given sales targets
- Source potential distribution and sales points (PRIVATE FARMS/NGOs/CBOs/churches/womengroups/ SACCO)
- Educate end-users on stove usage and importance of signing their Carbon rights away to us
- Monitor the retail price within assigned cluster’s quadrant
- Place weekly distribution orders for stoves to be sold
Skills and Experience
- Experience in sales an advantage
- Minimum qualification diploma
- STRONG REPORTING SKILLS
- Minimum work experience 2 years MANAGING TEAMS
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the local language in the specified project
area and a good Command of English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team and maintain good
relations with colleagues.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in education of local communities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and independent minds.
- Willingness to learn new field techniques where appropriate and
conform to project protocols;
- MUST have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Access)
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work towards deadlines
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Salary range: Up to KSh32,000