Job verified by Fuzu
AMSCO | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- General management, leadership
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
Our client is a pan-African, independent network of educational institutions offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through to secondary school. They currently have 8 sites in Southern and Eastern Africa. They are looking for an experienced leader to drive the development and management of more campuses to fuel their growth.
As Property Director, the jobholder will lead the management and rapid expansion of this portfolio, taking responsibility for one of the most important pillars of their work. Reporting to the Managing Director, the jobholder will be responsible for every phase of the acquisition and development process to ensure as many as four simultaneous campus developments are delivered on time, on budget, and at the highest possible quality. The jobholder will lead a team of internal and contracted property professionals to effectively manage the design and development of all campus projects and will also work with the Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer to secure additional financing for the developments to complement the funds invested by our clients’ parent company.
- Develop and manage an overall property development plan that enables the efficient concurrent execution of several major projects across the region.
- Lead the development and management of campuses from the identification of sites to the ongoing expansion and maintenance once it is occupied. This will include:
- Leading technical assessment of land identified by the Expansion Team to ensure fit with client development requirements.
Managing a technical team to adapt client design templates to the specific requirements of each site.
Developing and tightly managing complex budgets for the development.
Selecting and managing contractors to efficiently execute the construction of all buildings and civil works.
Coordinating closely with relevant other teams on the design, development and hand-over of sites.
Developing and executing detailed plans for the efficient maintenance of all existing campuses.
Leading the negotiation and completion of all relevant legal agreements for the successful development and management of properties.
- Identify, negotiate and secure additional financing (particularly debt) to enable efficient expansion of the portfolio.
- Build and manage partnerships and a small team to enable the efficient execution of the above responsibilities for more than 10 sites over the next 3 years.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: General management, leadershipSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Construction management; Budgeting, financial planning; Operative planning; Partnerships; Landscape design; Property managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply