Job verified by Fuzu
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD) Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Protection & Gender Officer (Lobule)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/35/18/001)
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
University degree or higher education relevant on human rights, preferably law, social sciences or International development with proven experience in international protection and advocacy work.
Minimum of 2 years field experience in international humanitarian work in refugee and/or IDP situations OR Protection field.
Working knowledge of SPHERE standards, IASC Guidelines for Child Protection and Gender Based Violence.
Experience in Gender Based Violence programming.
How To Apply:
Submit your application through email and address to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, CV(with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
- Responsible for supervision and management of AFOD's protection activities in areas of operation including both protection monitoring and SGBV activities;
- Ensure that adequate staffing is in place for the protection activities, including an appropriate gender balance within the staff group;
- Ensures that AFOD staff are trained on skills and values required for protection work, with particular attention to participatory methods, confidentiality, maintaining a respectful dialogue with refugees and host communities at all levels and a rights-based approach;
- Participation in planning meetings and developing strategic documents on protection;
- Planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the protection activities in accordance with donor requirements and the organization’s policies and procedures;
- Establish/maintain a regular system of project monitoring and evaluation using both qualitative and quantitative indicators;
- Provide on-the-job training for field staff in protection monitoring, including international and national human rights standards;
- Provision of technical support to mainstream protection and ensuring a rights-based approach across all AFOD's programs;
- Represent AFOD and actively participate in the local Protection Sector and relevant sub-sectors/working groups meetings;
- Closely co-ordinate in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, protection gap analysis and advocacy;
- Development of advocacy and communication initiatives to enhance uptake of protection services.
- Establish good working relationship with district, county authorities, UN agencies, international and other local NGOs on protection matters;
- Initiate and development concept notes and/or proposals and budgets in close consultation with Head of Field Office, Head of programmes and the Executive Director;
- Report periodically on protection activities to the HOP for donor reporting as necessary.
- Perform any other duty as required by the supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Lobbying, advocacy; Project preparation and planning; Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply