Protocol Assistant G4
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by proving administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). These posts are located in Host Country Services Unit (HCSU) of Support Services Service, Division of Administrative Services, United Nations Office at Nairobi. Under the supervision of the Manager, HCS, the incumbents will be responsible for the following duties:
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Additional/supplemental training and/or certification in customer service relations /client orientation, administration or related area, is desirable.
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be
accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
experience in administrative services, office management or related area is required.
Working experience in or exposure to diplomatic/protocol environment and procedures is desirable.
Experience in an international setting or related area is desirable.
1. Assist the field team in ensuring that there is a smooth flow of applications to the host government offices as follows: a. Receive and verify applications for dispatch from the administrative assistants and ensuring that all required supporting documentation is attached; b. Scan and uploading the required documentation to the HCSU_IPMIS online drive; c. Confirm that the application owners are registered in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Integrated Protocol Management Information System, and if not, carry out the appropriate registration; d. Update the status of cases in the HCSU Processmaker Application.
2. Assist the Liaison Assistants in processing applications returning from host government offices as follows: a. Update the status of cases in the HCSU Processmaker Application and in the manual registers; b. Submit the applications to the Team Assistant for collection by clients; c. Record all rejected applications and route them to the appropriate Administrative Assistant for further processing.
3. Assist the Field Team in ensuring the timely processing: a. The following applications for the organization and eligible internationally recruited staff members and their dependents: notification of arrival documentation and the issuance of diplomatic identity cards and PIN numbers; issuance of re-entry passes and renewal of the same; duty free imports and purchase of duty free liquor and tobacco (official /staff members); issuance and renewal of interim and new Kenyan driving licenses; registration of new/second hand vehicles and transfer/disposal of used vehicles (official /staff members); VAT exemptions (official /staff members), issuance of red number plates, and airport passes b.Track expiry dates of documents and visas and notify clients to initiate renewal action in good time.
4. Assist the Field Team in: a. Maintaining the records of all vehicles, owners, number plates and logbooks, the transfer and disposal of vehicle, and in the generation of reliable reports and statistics. b.Prepare draft correspondence, note verbals, covering letters, and reports upon request.
5. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)