Job verified by Fuzu
Danish Refugee Council | Daadab, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The purpose of this post is to provide day to day management, psychosocial support and related activities in IFO, Dagahaley & Hagadera Camps in Daadab. In particular, you will be responsible for addressing mental health needs of SGBV survivors’ and maintaining daily contact with the community level para-counsellors. Work and liaise closely with the SGBV Officer, SGBV Assistant and the Lead Psychosocial Counselor on documentation of programme activities as per the donor requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Psychology, social work or other social science related field).
Fluency in written and spoken English essential and knowledge to Somali language is an added advantage.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in providing psychosocial counseling in a refugee context.
Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including empathic listening.
Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with clients, community members and professional partners.
Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards.
Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation and qualifications and a CV.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered
We only accept applications sent via our online-application through provided email.
• Provide comprehensive psychosocial counseling to SGBV survivors focused on the survivor centered case management approach.
• Provide assessment and counseling both at individual and group level as the situation demands.
• Ensure all work with SGBV survivors is confidential and that ethical practices are observed.
• Document client data accurately in the intake forms and ensure they are under lock and key.
• Ensure that the GBVIMS is accurately updated on a regular basis.
• Participate in the interpretation of the analyzed data on trends and work with GBV Team Leader to disseminate information to all relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in the development of the case management monitoring tools and systems and ensure that all staffs that are required to utilize it are trained on the correct way of handling the systems.
• Participate in the preparation of accurate reports for all Psycho-social related activities.
Coordination and networking
• Maintain and strengthen existing networks through other service providers at the camp level, to ensure that survivors receive quality services and support both at the agency levels.
• Actively participate in scheduled meetings such as the Case Conferences and SGBV inter-agency meetings.
• Identify new networks to work with to ensure wholesome support to the clients.
• Work in close collaboration with the GBV officer and GBV assistants to ensure ongoing needs of at-risk groups, women and girls are being met in the prevention related activities.
• Strengthen existing referral systems and networks of psychosocial service providers
• In collaboration with other partners, design psychosocial interventions within the refugee community focusing on the psychosocial needs of adults, youth and children.
• Assist in development of referral networks between partners implementing GBV and implementation of referral pathways.
• Participate in conducting trainings for partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between DRC and other partner agencies.
Community engagement and outreach
• Conduct sensitization, dialogue and mediation sessions with the wider population about issues of trauma and SGBV.
• Facilitate formation of support groups for survivors of SGBV and other vulnerable groups.
• Identify and strengthen Community structures through engaging community leaders, camp management and other stakeholders to ensure that the survivors receive adequate support at the community level.
• Support the GBV officer and GBV assistants, in dissemination of relevant information during the Community SGBV prevention forums and meetings.
Monitoring and evaluation
• Assist in preparing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, progress notes, and treatment plans on time
• Use appropriate data collection tools and submit assessments and reports in a timely and accurate manner
• Work closely with the refugee staff to ensure quality reporting
• Assist in the designing, planning, implementing and facilitating of external trainings for numerous target groups
• Ensure CHS Principles are mainstreamed in the day to day project implementation
• Attend relevant training forums relevant to the job
• Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the supervisor
Staff management and development
• Provide supervision to the Para counsellors and ensure effective provision of Psycho-social services.
• Conduct continuous performance/evaluation for the Para counsellors working under her/him.
• Engage in quality self-care through supervision, debriefings, and other shared sessions.
• Conduct regular formal and on-job training and mentorship to Para-Counsellors on areas related to Case Management, Counselling and other related topics to enhance professionalism.
• Conduct regular case conference meetings with the Para-counsellors both at individual and group levels.
• Organize for external capacity building forums on GBV Case Management and Therapeutic Counselling techniques.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: DaadabArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Partnerships; Patient care; Counseling; Social sciencesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply