The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The Communication Division communicates UNEP's Environment's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide. This post is located in UNEP, Communication Division at the Nairobi duty station and reports to the Chief of Content and Client Services. Under the delegated authority of the Director and the direct supervision of the Chief of Content and Client Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
1. Roster and Long Term Arrangement (LTAs) development and management: Develop and manage high quality rosters of, and long-term arrangements with, individual and institutional service providers for all aspects of graphic design production that is relevant to a wide range of projects and budgets, and positioned to deliver excellent graphic design products on a turnkey basis. Oversee the production of graphic outputs and ensure quality control measures that enhance UNEP's visibility and promote the environmental agenda.
2. Style and quality control, design workflow and management: In line with the brand guidelines of the organization and in close coordination with the Brand Building Section, plan, monitor, and create graphic design standards and controls and ensure that UNEP's graphics are of a high international standard. Design comprehensive workflows for tasks as well as assignment management.
3. Gaphic Design: Produce design collateral's and provide direction to the work of the Graphic Design Unit, including strategic guidance for the unit's clients, ensuring effective integration of graphics and design elements in the broader conceptualization and planning of communication interventions. Execute strategy, bringing state of the art practices, techniques, technologies and approaches to bear on the organizations graphic design work. Contribute to the formulation of policies, protocols and procedures to streamline graphic design production and work flows and manage the human and other resources of the unit. Manage internal and external resources for the relevant work of the unit, the section, and the division.
4. Environmental and exhibit design advisor: Provide guidance to colleagues in the design and management of environment and exhibition design that have high visual and communication
5. Explore and present conceptual ideas for a cohesive, coherent and creative branding of the relevant exhibitions incorporating the visual identity elements of the event. Coordinate
the work of UNEP contractors to ensure accurate and consistent execution of designs as approved by UNEP through to full completion and dismantling post-event.
6. Perform other duties as prescribed by the Section Chief or the Office of the Director