Public Relations Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
- Masters in Mass communication or its equivalent from recognized institution
An Honours Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication
At least 3 years working experience at a level of Public Relations Officer/ Public Relations Analyst with an Organization/ Institution specialized in Post Secondary Education and Training.
Experience and knowledge of University academic and other programmes are an added advantage.
Ability to apply all information management procedures and practices; planning, organization and dissemination of information effectively; networking and negotiation with, management press and media matters.
- Should be of high morals and integrity, results oriented and able to work with minimum supervision
Qualifying persons should submit five(5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five(5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement
- Drafts articles, press releases and fact sheets about the available academic programmes, possible sources of logistical and financial support to the learners, research opportunities, fellowships etc for dissemination to the media and public;
- Ensures that accurate University news/ information/ data are updated and posted to the website regularly; o Participates in packaging and dissemination of information required by different categories of stakeholders and the public, and support maintenance of a sound feedback mechanism;
- Participates in media monitoring, analysis and prepares briefs to the Senior Public Relations Officer;
- Research and draft media and press briefings about the University policies, plans, strategies, and programmes, initiative and endeavors;
- Provides technical support to the Senior Public Relations Officer and the University Management generally in planning, organizing and implementing National Academic Exhibitions by the University;
- Advocate, build and maintain good will and a positive image of the University in relation to the Mass media;
- Participate in the planning, organizing and implementing major functions of the University with the relevant technical departments and University Organs.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Public Relations; Feature and article writing; Digital content development and editing (social media, blogs, etc.); Press relations; Research planning; Event management; Corporate communicationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)