Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
This is a Legal Advocacy Trainee vacancy for six months and possible retention thereafter upon successful completion, only available to Lawyers who have completed Advocates Training Program with the Kenya School of Law in 2017.
Reports to the Pupil Master.
Qualifications and Skills
LLB. Laws, 2nd Class Honours, Upper Div. , PGD (KSL),
- Graduate from Kenya School of Law.
- Graduate from a reputable University with at least 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division).
- Must have interned or worked in a law firm before.
- Quick learner and very Keen to details.
- Results and goal oriented.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision or none.
- Good time management skills.
- Capable of finding alternative routes to results;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels;
During the six months training, the Pupil will be trained the practice of law on diverse areas of including but not limited to:
1. Litigation process and procedures.
2. Conveyancing processes and procedures.
3. Perfection of Securities.
4. Business and Commercial Law transactions.
5. General law practice areas.
In addition, the Pupil will be trained on various related aspects of law practice which includes but not limited to:
6. Client Intake.
7. Client Interview
8. Billing and fees negotiation.
9. Practice and matter management.
10. Marketing skills.
11. Advocacy skills and good professional ethics.
12. To assist advocates in preparing for trials and court proceedings;
13. Research work.
14. Other duties and assignments ordinarily performed by an Advocate in the practice of law.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: three monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself