Salary range: Up to KSh65,000 | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 21 days left to apply for this job.
Based in Kenya, BURN designs, produces and distributes East Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful
smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death. See our promo video hereNot only does BURN sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but we are also the only cookstove company which manufactures all its products in
sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. Since 2013, BURN has sold 650,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $215 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~25,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months by expanding its successful model across Africa. BURN has 300 employees and expects strong growth in the number of employees in the coming years.BURN is now poised to bring its revolutionary biomass cookstoves - as well as a new range of
electric, hybrid, and liquid fuel stoves - to Sub-Saharan Africa & beyond. Over the next 3 years BURN will enter 6 new countries and launch 5 new products. BURN is looking for a Quality Analyst to assist the Quality team.
- Prepare and share daily and weekly quality reports including rejects, reworks and scrap for the various assembly lines and final products
- Perform incoming quality checks on raw materials and prepare IQC reports. Ensure non-standard materials are properly segregated and disposed as per laid out processes.
- Third party testing – track all pre-shipment inspection reports, lab reports and supplier audit reports.
- Compile and analyse statistical data collected from the press shop and assembly lines and generate relevant statistical charts.
- Work with the quality manager to create monthly and annual quality reports.
- Document quality test procedures, specifications and training manuals for existing and new product lines.
- Document control - ensure quality documents are regularly revised as need be, and correct versions
- Work with the engineers and technicians to resolve any machine/tool related quality issues. Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Provide written and verbal feedback to quality manager regarding progress and improvement opportunities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the manager from time to time.
- Degree Level or equivalent in a Science or Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in quality control and/or manufacturing, preferably in Automotive, Pharmaceutical or Food industry
- Proficient in MS office, especially MS Excel
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to quickly identify problems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself