Quality Assurance Assistant
Unga Holdings LimitedNairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Officer, the Quality Assurance Assistant will monitor the quality of raw materials, finished products, and packing materials to ensure they meet the company specifications.Knowledge, Skill, And Experience Required
- Minimum Degree level in Food Science, Chemistry and/or Analytical Chemistry - Second Upper ClassHonors
- Minimum one (1) year experience in manufacturing is an added advantage
- KCSE Qualification of a minimum of B
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of SAP, spreadsheets and other MS office applications.
- Knowledge of QMS-HACCP and ISO 22000
- Good analytical skills
- Good command of English and Kiswahili
- Timely and accurate sampling and analysis of all raw materials before acceptance and maintaining records.
- Overseeing offloading of raw materials among other goods, to be able to sample further from the initially hidden parts.
- Ensuring proper segregation of rejected materials to prevent unintended mix up.
- Inspection of incoming packaging materials against the laid down specifications.
- Ensure all quality records related to the food safety management systems are updated on a daily basis including electronic records.
- Conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventative actions.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure equipment are maintained and in good working conditions so as to get and obtain accurate results as per specifications.
- Participate in implementation of ISO 22000 and HACCP leading to a certified finished product.
- Carry out hygiene inspections as per laid down cleaning schedules in order to implement GMP.
- Carry out in process sampling of finished products for physical quality checks.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 12 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Other Jobs at Unga Holdings Limited
Technical Advisor - Ruminants
Unga Holdings Limited / Nairobi