Quality control/Quality assurance officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
Wilmar Flowers Ltd was incorporated in 1995 to export summer flowers grown by small and medium-sized farmers from Kenya. We are located in Thika town at Munene Industries.
Wilmar produces flowers through engaging small and medium farmers who are in groups of eight to twenty in numbers. However, there are groups with more members. The company has engaged more than 4,000 farmers in the past who have produced in different seasons.
The flowers are grown mainly in central, eastern and rift valley provinces. They are grown in open fields due to the low cost of investment required by the farmers.
About the Role
The Post-harvest quality officer will be in charge of post-harvest quality control and quality assurance. Liaise with quality controllers and purchase team to ensure optimum quality is achieved. Working with the production and purchase team to ensure orders are achieved in a timely manner.
- Diploma in Floriculture/Agriculture
- Computer literacy
- Product knowledge
- Ability to coordinate staff and ensure daily deadlines are met, capable to prepare accurate timely reports.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a quality controller in a busy pack-house that deals with fresh produce
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Leadership with maturity and high emotional intelligence
- Critical thinker with ability to pre-empt needs
- Ability to analyze, communicate, manage and prioritize multiple technical issues
- Approachable and have a strong business acumen
- Review and implement company policies, procedures, and practices that support the attainment of company goals and objectives in respect of product Quality.
- Maintaining quality product output through analysis of raw materials on reception and monitoring records.
- Monitoring post-harvest sanitary, cleanliness and hygiene conditions.
- Handling all product quality complaints from the market and assigning corrective action with records.
- Ensure that end product is free from pests, diseases, mechanical damages and conform to set quality standards of the company at sustainable cost.
- Ensure quality control and assurance checks in post-harvest to ensure conformity with market standards.
- Ensure flowers are processed as per the customer specifications.
- Ensure functional quality controls points to minimize losses.
- Ensure quality documentation for traceability purposes.
- Conduct regular quality control trainings to all pack house and production employees to be knowledgeable of the market quality requirements and standards.
- Control quality discard losses to the lowest level possible.
- Inform the management of the quality deviations developed during transit, storage and grading.
- Ensure weekly vase life tests and daily vase life checks and give feedback to the management.
- Enforcement of health and safety procedures and policies.
- Any other duties as required by the management.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Wilmar Flowers Limited has no other jobs