Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 6 days left to apply for this job.
Biyinzika was founded in 1990 as a poultry breeder farm and has grown steadily over the years to establish itself as one of the best- known brands in the Ugandan poultry industry. We are now the leading supplier of day-old chicks and poultry feeds in the country. We have recently started producing other livestock feeds such as dairy and pig feeds. A commercial broiler farm was set up in 2016 which is now in full production.
The vision and mission of Biyinzika Poultry
International Limited is to empower our employees and support our customers
through the delivery of quality products and services to bring about positive
change within all our homes, businesses and communities. Biyinzika…………. It is
possible. We are currently looking to fill the position of Quality Supervisor who will be Reporting to the Quality
Assurance Manager with dotted lines to Production manager Job
Purpose: To ensure compliance to food safety management
systems across the entire abattoir operations-white house and outlets/ shopsThe Quality Assurance Supervisor is required to demonstrate Biyinzika Poultry
International Limited’s core values below:1. Boldness
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is
also required at all times to demonstrate compliance to Biyinzika Poultry
International Limited Food Safety Policy.
- Submits weekly quality report to Quality Assurance and Production
Managers to solve work related problems and review weekly performance on
- Supervise and coordinate quality activities of workers engaged in
chicken processing at the abattoir.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in cleaning
the slaughterhouse and waste collection area to ensure high quality of the
products, facility and environment.
- Direct workers in quality assurance audits and inspection including
scheduling and sample submission for laboratory testing at the abattoir.
- Reports results of verification activities and Food Safety Systems
updating activities to quality assurance manager monthly.
- Monitors compliance with food safety rules by the general abattoir
staff, visitors and contractors.
- Accomplishes quality assurance human resource
objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and disciplining
employees, communicating job expectations and enforcing policies and
- Perform other duties as assigned and as per the company Food Safety
Management Systems which cuts across the organization
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a diploma in food science and technology or its
- 3 years of experience in quality assurance/ control with 2 years in
a busy Broiler processing organization
- Training in ISO audits and Food
safety/ Good manufacturing practices
- Quality inspection, auditing and
Knowledge and Abilities.
verbal communication and presentation skills
to work calmly under pressure and within a big dynamic team
to manage a complex workload and work to tight deadline
- Conflict Management/Problem
- Empowering Others
- Judgment /Decision-making
- Commitment to Continuous
- Value adding (willingness to go an extra mile for
BPIL, staff and customers)
- Kindness (enthusiasm, passion and encouragement to
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of BPIL
- Keep company information, trades and operations
- Maintain corporate image
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
6 days left to apply