R&D Specialist Lead
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
- Degree in Science- or Engineering-related field, and/or demonstrable performance managing technical project teams to success
- Preferable, but not mandatory: experience rearing insects in a production environment,
- Proficiency with Office suite tools or equivalent especially in Excel skills: you have used Excel or an equivalent tool to collect and analyse data, build models
- Experience leading technical teams and manage multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage risks effectively. Ability to learn and parse new technologies into meaningful progress.
- Strong problem-solving skills: you have shown the ability to abstract and solve ambiguous, challenging problems
- Effective time management, organizational, and prioritization skills: you have demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and use cross-team project management skills
- Attention to detail: you have shown that you are thorough, detail-oriented, don’t make assumptions, check and validate yours and others’ work, you catch typos and errors
- Clear communication: you capture your thoughts and theories in writing, you write great emails, you communicate at the right level to the right audience, you use formatting and templates to highlight key information, you use pictures, graphs and visuals to communicate complex topics effectively
Lead an R&D projects team: work with R&D manager and a team of Specialists to develop project scope, timeline and risk management plans. Deliver multiple project workstreams by guiding your team to successful project execution.
Drive product and process development: optimise our KuzaPro product line, including formulation, cost reductions, breeding and yield improvements, feedstock diversification and process improvement
Test and trial: conduct bench and pilot scale research to determine feasibility and capability of new project ideas. Test new products in the field, and with customers.
Land new specifications in factory: Complete trials, equipment scoping, handover documentation and training for Operations team. Support your team to do the same.
Keep at the cutting edge: Conduct regular literature reviews, competition/peer engagements and process data reviews to remain up to date in composting and bioconversion technology, and generate further research leads. Identify where the team needs coaching or training to upskill and grow.
Maintain product and process specifications: Own and develop specifications for products and processes
Tie your work to the business: Perform cost/benefit analyses to determine marginal profitability of improvements.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
8 days left to apply
Sanergy Limited Kenya
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Meet your new colleagues
8 days left to apply