The Receiving Officer ensures goods received meet the quality requirements outlined in the operational guidelines and ensure that goods are stored according to specified storage conditions and location
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Ensures that the right quantities, quality and other specifications of goods as per Operations Guidelines are met.
2. Supervises the offloading and loading of goods delivered.
3. Opens all boxes and verifies that delivered items meet specifications as per LPO, and/or packing lists (quantities, quality, batch, numbers, expiry dates)
4. Ensures that received goods are placed in their correct locations in the Main Store:
5. Generates an empty locations report from the PC
6. Physically cross checks to ascertain if the slots generated by PC are empty
7. Ensures that the receiving and locating processes for each consignment are adequately documented and sent to relevant departments.
8. Completes information on the Goods Receipt Note (GRN)
9. Makes remarks as required (i.e. boxes containing less than indicated, damages and the nature of pilferage)
10. Locates goods in the MC
11. Checks and Endorses/rejects Certificate of Goods Received
12. Checks authenticity of provided documentation (i.e. endorsed by the appropriate authorities)
13. Inspects previous records to ascertain frequency of use
14. Countersigns the picking list and dispatches
15. Carries out the responsibilities of the Purchasing Officer when absent or on leave and assists
16. Performs routine operational activities
17. Participates in the bi-annual stock taking process:
18. Counts and records stock