Regional Finance and Administration Manager
Stromme FoundationKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Regional Finance and Administration Manager (RFAM) position is a National local position and terms and conditions of the Uganda government apply. The position is based in the Stromme Foundation’s Regional Office for East Africa - (SFEA) in Kampala, Uganda. RFAM is directly responsible for the implementa tion and overall management of financial systems, logistics systems, procurement and controls of the Region including cash/bank management, management and financial reporting, budget administration, staff and partners capacity building and all other related matters in region as well as the financial management and financial reporting of the Regional office in line with the Stromme Foundation guidelines.
Job application procedure
S/he is responsible for identifying, mitigating and managing risk, enhance! cross functional collaboration, whilst ensuring adequate (control) systems are in place to enable and facilitate quality and compliant programming in all contexts and SFs Financial standards.As a key member of the Regional Leadership Team, the Finance and Administration Manager for East Africa region takes shared responsibility for driving SF’s vision, mission and values. He/ she will also oversee and support Country Offices in the effective delivery of Regional Finance and Administration including HR, Risks, Security and Safety management in line with the SF‘s mantra of being “One organisation".
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
• Minimum of 10 years practical experience of which at least 5 years is at a senior management level, preferably in u mid to large international NGO,
• Significant experience in managing most or all the key elements of job accountable areas including partnership development, compliance, Risks, systems, funding development, fulfilling, quality assurance, award management, logistics, and capacity building
• Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions, and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks, risk management and best practices.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation. and coaching.
• Solid understanding and appreciation of project management related to Cross functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organisational, and written skills. People management skills, proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to Stromme Foundations vision, mission, and values.
• Excellent ICT skills including a good knowledge of MS Office and accounting software e.g.. Agresso.
• Excellent facilitation and team building skills.
• Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the organisation.
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major responses including travelling at short notice.
Job application procedure
Internal: Interacts frequently with all staff art or SFEA in field office in Moyo and Regional Office for SFEA in Kampala.
External: Liaises with service providers and various government bodies and non-governmental Organization in collaboration with the finance and Admin Assistant.
SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful to the founding values and guiding inspiration of SF and demonstrate consistent commitment to the organisation's ideals and vision. The position requires frequent travel to the field within the region. The position is placed in SF’s salary structure and will be compensated accordingly.
Send your application, Curriculum vitae, and Contacts of three referees by 5th March 2021 to;
Tile Regional Director. Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, PO Box 27200 Kampala. Or send by email to: [email protected]with the subject line of which post you are applying.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Contribute as a member of the East Africa Regional Leadership Team The actualization of the Regional strategy by driving the mission and vision of SF to achieve immediate and lasting change in the lives of our beneficiaries.
• Strategic development and delivery of regional programming in all contexts in line with Stromme Foundation vision, values, strategy, theory of change and essential standards.
• As pan of the Regional Leadership Team, participates in regional fundraising activities which includes initiating concepts/proposals. sourcing for potential donors, contributing to other regional concepts/proposals that are developed within the region, ensure that regional funding relationships are professionally maintained and especially central to this is to ensure that funds are utilized effectively and efficiently and well accounted for and audited l
• Continuously strengthening the regional accountability and reporting systems and structures — fit for the future and harnessing the extraordinary engagement, diversity, talent, and commitment of our stakeholders.
• Together with the HR, Finance and Administration Officer; preparation of all the necessary end of year financial procedures, financial statements, and books for the SF external auditors
• Ensure that external auditors are selected in time and make all necessary follow up to ensure that SF auditors do the required audits within the stipulated time.
• Preparation of R0 budgets and maintaining of an adequate budget monitoring system and follow up of any audit queries, through letters and where necessary field visits to Partners.
• Donor relationship management with special emphasis on financial reporting; budget management and donor rules compliance.
• Give financial support to the SF Juba, Moyo and any other office that SF may open in future and ensure that proper books of Accounts are kept using recommended Accounting package, monthly financial reports are submitted on time and that Annual audits are conducted on time.
• Develop and maintain systems for monitoring expenditure trends and timely signal of adverse trends as well as required mitigating actions.
• Oversee the risk analyses process as well as the development of risk management including mitigation plans, ensure business continuity plans are in place where needed.
• Will manage the Risk management activities for SF and will prepare/update an annual Risk Register.
• Review all policies, procedures, standards, and tools and ensure they are updated and are responsive to the needs of the Regional Office and Country Offices (Cos); play a leading role in the development of new guidance to ensure the Regional Office is effective in all operational and programme areas.
Human Resource Management
• Responsible for the implementation and administration of Regional Human Resources including performance management of direct reports and supporting other line managers in line with SF's Human Resource procedure
• Ensure the implementation of Human Resource Policy and SF‘s regulations in the region line with relevant legislation and observance by employees.
• Advise and guide Management on all HR practices necessary, in having enhanced productivity and industrial peace. (Enumerate & sensitize staff o grievance handling procedures).
• Identifying and developing regional talents as potential successor for relevant roles and/or leaders to further enhance program operations in the region.
• Ensure policy and procedural compliances including for recruitment and contracting of staff; ensuring that all employees are presented with a letter of appointment and staff records are intact and updated as changes are affected.
Programme Operations, protect management and Partner Relations
• Working with Regional Programme Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor support partners capacity building, systems, and tools to enable quality program delivery and accountability.
• Work closely with other Regional and Country teams to ensure enhancement of quality programming and reporting for effective resource utilisation.
• Work with the Regional Leadership team to drive innovation in the Region with a view to ensuring that programming continues to be effective and responsive to specific regional and country needs.
• Ensure compliance by partners to SF financial agreements, their own policies, and the statutory requirements while putting in place functional control environment that facilitates compliance.
• Support annual partner budget development processes, financial agreements, and monthly/quarterly monitoring of partner costs.
General Administration and Personnel
• Responsible for ensuring timely payment of staff salaries, ensuring salary advances are deducted from salaries and ensure that staff travel allowances are prepared in time.
• Ensures that all staff advances and required statutory deductions (PAYE, NSSF & other taxes) are made and remitted to the relevant authorities in time, properly accounted for within 3 days of staff returning to the office and that adequate support documents are attached.
• Ensure that the Regional Office and the sub-offices have up to date operations policy documents that are followed.
• Ensure update and compliance to all SF policies and procedures. and set up systems to ensure their full functionality.
• Oversee the effective operation of procurement processes and compliance in this area by all staff.
• Ensure staff are provided with appropriate tools to undertake their work, including regular equipment maintenance, asset replacement planning, budgeting, and actual replacement.
Registration and Assets Management
• RFAM is required to ensure maintenance and bi-annually update an asset register in which all R0 assets should be entered, serialized, and depreciated rising the conventional depreciation guidelines.
• The RFAM will ensure that the organization has all required insurance policies so that all staff. office vehicles and equipment are properly insured.
• Ensure that the R0 is always properly registered with the relevant authorities that is, Ministry of internal Affairs, Kampala City Authority and Returns submitted to the Registrar of Companies.
Safety and Security
• Ensure regional and country offices and other field site safety and security guidelines are prepared and reviewed at least by annually.
• Ensure all safety or security incidents (fires, vehicle accidents, theft. etc. are appropriately recorded and reported by start to relevant parties.
• Actively monitor ﬁeld site safety and security, and advise the RD about new developments While ensuring that all visitors to the region receive a security brieﬁng,
• In coordination with the RD, represent SF at national (Uganda) and regional levels; to donors, local and national government authorities, other NGOs, and any other parties as required.
• Support the RD‘s strategic co-operation initiatives with government and national/international NGOs and CBOs active in the programme areas. ‘
• Provide coverage for other posts when needed and carry out any other responsibilities as requested by the RD /RLT.
Additional Job responsibilitiesThe duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the = role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonablness of their level of skills and experience. These from time to time in the absence of the Regional Director will include, being requested to deputise and being co-responsible for the overall proper and timely management of the SF EARO, its programmatic activities, and its finances. The RFAM co-signs all cheques issued by the R0 and is signatory to all HO bank accounts.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Stromme Foundation
Stromme Foundation / Custom location,
Stromme Foundation / Custom location,
Economic Inclusion Officer
Stromme Foundation / Kampala
Nairobi / E-Plus
Ruiru / Burn
Kampala / Speedaf
Uganda / RCS Consult
Accounts Payable Assistant
Nairobi / Optica Limited