Job verified by Fuzu
GlaxoSmithKline | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Regional HR Manager
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Human resources
- Senior manager (department head)
- Full Time
Job Description Summary-Job Category- General Multi Disciplinary HR: HR Generalist skill set.
Job Family - Multi Disciplinary HR: Develops / implements a variety of human resource programmes. Anticipates and plans for long-terms human resource needs and trends in partnership with business management.
Job Family Group - HR: Designs, implements, and monitors human resource programmes and policies, including recruitment, learning and development, performance management, compensation, benefits, employee relations, etc. Anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends.
• Coach and develop line managers in the delivery of key HR activities, build their leadership and people management capability
• Respond to complex, escalated queries around HR policies, processes and ways of working
• Diagnose and as needed, reframe the business need through active inquiry
• Proactively promote pragmatic and best practice approaches and interventions that drive the HR and business agenda forward
• Diagnose and/or deliver change projects in line with the HR and business agenda
• Successfully manage progress and track key HR Operations department milestones, deliverables and metrics
• Facilitate interventions focused on business LT development
• Coach and build line manager capability to create a positive employee environment
• Key delivery channel for initiatives developed by the HR CoEs, HRBLs and Global HR Ops; One HR - working in partnership to deliver the HR agenda and enhance the customer experience
• Actively contribute to standardisation and continuous improvement of HR Services through VOC feedback and solution mind set in order to increase HR’s effectiveness and enhance the customer experience
• Continuously look to increase the value HR adds to the business
• Efficiently manage and contribute to key governance forums (Customer Board, HR Business Meeting, HR Council)
• Resolve ER/IR issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
• Understand the HR Risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR risks
• Share collective responsibility for managing the reputation of HR and HR Risk
• Can be the Local Process Owner for Assess and Develop in the market.
• Depending on the country / cluster may be responsible for analyzing soft skills development requirements across the businesses and translate them into appropriate development programmes.
o Maintain the relationship with third party development provider like NIIT and CoE.
o Determine the annual training budget across businesses in the country / cluster
o Build annual development plans for all businesses
o Communicate the Global Learning offering and ensure that it is fully leveraged across the country / cluster.
Coaching leaders – Increases line leader capability through building rapport, diagnosis of issues and identifying solutions:
• Encourages, supports and educates managers so that they can more effectively manage their people, including best use of tools, processes, interventions
• Uses a coaching approach; demonstrates the value of coaching and having a developmental mind set to others
• Has the passion and courage to challenge positively, give constructive feedback, make tough calls and to engage in real debate
Organisation Design - Using standardised and validated processes and techniques, designs how an organisation channels its resources, defines its structure, jobs and work processes, motivates performance and shapes the patterns of informal interactions.
• Ensure that the current organisation design is driving the business strategy effectively and the business needs are managed
• Ensure that the standard Organisation Design Process and Tools are used to improve existing organisational design
Strategic Consulting - Improves organisational performance through the analysis of existing business problems and the development of plans for improvement. Transfers knowledge of internal and external best practices from one organisation to another.
Uses methodologies, frameworks or other tools to guide the identification of problems and formulate recommendations for more effective or efficient ways of performing business tasks.
• Ensures that during each critical phase of the consulting cycle associated with a unit-wide change/transformation project organisational performance is supported.
• Understand the relevant business problems and build solutions and supports around these needs
• Understand what business to understand needs and motivates associated plans to address strategic business problem or opportunity
Business Know How - Understands GSK’s internal and external business environment and applies that knowledge and insight in the context of HR activity in order to improve business performance.
• Understand the GSK strategy and how it’s interpreted in own business area and HR
• Ensure understanding of external business landscape affecting GSK strategy (e.g., competitors, trends, changes and technology)
• Lead the HR representation during the strategic planning process in the business to better understand the link between business strategy and workforce strategy
Leading and delivering change – Delivers diverse change projects in support of the company’s strategic agenda within a culture of empowerment through personal leadership and using GSK standard tools
• Understands the case for change and actively supports change initiatives.
• Understands the level of readiness for change and works with the customer in overcoming obstacles
• Ensures efficient uses of tools/resources to progress change and ensures it’s sustainable.
• Understands the ER and IR relations implications of change initiatives and ensures delivery accordingly to ensure best outcomes.
• Uses standard GSK change methodologies (ADP) and coaches others in their application.
Industrial Relations / Employee Relations - Understands Employee, Industrial Relations and Reputational risks arising from business plans and activities and ensures effective strategies to manage these successfully within local environments.
• Ensure compliance to GSK ER/IR processes and policies and appropriate behaviours
• Understand the ER/IR landscape and apply to the environment identifying any risks with relevant business and assist in creating strategies to address gaps
• Understand the ER/IR risks arising from business plans and build options to move forward from relevant experts
Culture Development - Understands the business agenda, is able to translate this into the desired culture in an engaging, inclusive way and reinforces through personal leadership, effective team work and use of the GSK Change Framework.
• Lead drivers of culture and identify the factors that would support or prevent culture change role modelling desired values and behaviours in all interactions
• Ensure the GSK Leadership expectations are in practice and integrated in daily work across the businesses
• Ensure leaders behaviours and attitudes reflect positive support to the culture of the organisation
Relationship Management – Builds credibility with internal customers in business and in other areas of HR
• Is business and organisationally aware, is able to build strong partnerships with leaders through delivery in line with businesses’ needs and effective use of consulting skill
• Handles issues in a conciliatory, patient but determined manner demonstrating appropriate challenge. Uses the issue to influence and embed GSK ways of working.
• Builds a strong network across HR. Works across boundaries to meet GSK’s needs.
• Within context of the employment environment, builds effective relationships with management, employees and employee representatives such as trade unions and works councils.
• Enables others to deliver.
HR Service Delivery – Drives and delivers effective HR Operations across businesses to deliver successful business outcomes
• Quickly builds their understanding of business needs and applies the appropriate HR solution.
• Has strong process skills. Manages work from beginning to end in a rigorous and disciplined manner.
• Applies GSK tools and approaches to deliver pragmatic solutions - re-balances different tools and approaches in a flexible manner over time.
• Seeks to continuously improve the effectiveness of HR Operations and solutions.
• Aware of the cost implications of any activity and looks for the most cost effective option.
HR Governance & Risk – Understands clear operating principles, structures and accountabilities and applies to HR activity so as to ensure HR risks are mitigated, company reputation is protected and related fiduciary, legal and policy duties are carried out.
• Keeps fully abreast of employment law and contextual issues that may impact GSK and ensures that policies are implemented effectively and consistently across businesses.
• Ensures that the spirit of GSK policies is embedded through the design and application of HR practices.
• Understands current HR risks; uses judgement to assess, proactively identify and mitigate against potential risks.
• Proactively identifies ER and IR underlying issues and takes appropriate action.
• Feeds back ideas as to how to improve GSK policies and processes.
• Understands how HR works in GSK, HR Strategies, the HR Operating Model and role within it.
Knowledge Management – Effective application of HR information, including knowledge management systems, to support best decision making for successful business outcomes
• Shares and re-uses best practice.
• Has a broad understanding of technology and how it can support HR goals.
• Is up to date with internal and external best practice in HR Operations. Knows where to find and how to access information within GSK.
• Invests in own on going professional education and development.
• Maintains curiosity about the business and external trends and applies that knowledge in the context of HR activity to support improved business performance
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Senior manager (department head)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Human resource and personnel development; Organizational reforms and change management; Strategizing; Human resources information systems; Talent management and planning; Personnel administration (working hours, holidays); Employee relations and consultationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply