Regional Human Resources Coordinator
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Regional Human Resources Coordinator performs professional and special project functions to support the Regional HR Office. S/he will serve as the Lead Recruiter for the Africa region supporting recruitment projects for Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, and proposal recruitment for any new business in the region. S/he will also provide technical HR support services to projects and activities in the region in key HR functional areas including: human resources systems, safeguarding & protection, compliance, salary and benefits administration, and employee relations
Recruitment and staffing
- Build a strategic talent resource plan for the region that reflects short and long-term employee needs and an approach to manage full-time employees, project-based employees, and consultants in one coordinated approach.
- Establish a strong rapport with hiring managers at the region and field offices to understand their strategic staffing needs, priorities, constraints and fill vacancies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proactively build the Africa Region’s talent pipeline and network of potential candidates by identifying, screening, interviewing and assessing candidates for current and future business development goals.
- Develop and maintain regional and local network of recruiters, contacts and candidates via proactive use of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), to enhance RI’s regional recruitment initiatives.
- Provide support and supervision to local HRMs in the country offices for large-scale recruitments.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements are conducted and personnel files with documentation according to HR checklist is opened for new staff and completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure on boarding of new hires; employee orientation are effectively conducted, to ensure employees are productive from day one in all countries, and working with CD/managers to ensure employees have commitments/objectives set within their first month on the job.
- Track all employee contracts and ensure adequate notice is provided for renewals and non-renewals.
- Collaborate with the Regional HR Manager and GSO to maintain the accuracy of department organization charts, ensure all necessary paperwork is on file, and maintain compliance with local laws concerning employment.
- Partner with employees and line managers to communicate RI human resources policies, procedures, and guidelines particularly focused on Safeguarding & Protection to enhanced awareness and compliance.
- Assist in the regular review and roll out of HR policies, employment policies and procedures in compliance to RI’s standards and evolving national labour law.
- Support the Regional HR Manager to investigate and report all employee relation issues such as employee complaints and grievances, sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, and any form of RI policy violations.
- Support management of employee rations processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Ensure the timely and efficient payroll preparation for accurate data on donor code, number of days, benefits.
- Follow up on expatriate staff services in terms of relocation and making the necessary arrangement for incoming staff to be based in region.
- Support regular HR audits across country offices to ensure compliance to RI policies, procedures, systems and donor regulations.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, contract extensions, staff transfers, promotions and other change of status/ personnel changes.
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate.
- Support other HR processes from employee on-boarding and orientation to exit interviews.
- Ensure country HR Managers establish and maintain personnel files, ensuring all emergency data forms are filled and safely filled.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)