Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Registered Nurse I – Critical Care Nurse
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Registered Nurse I – Critical Care NursePharmacy Technician
Beleview South Hospital
Neonatal Nurse- Uganda
CSO TB Technical Officer
University Research Company:Centre for Human Services
Jobs in Medical, healthMid-Level jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Served in the grade of Registered Nurse for a minimum period of three years;
• Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community, Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
• Higher Diploma in Critical care nursing from a recognised institution;
• Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
• Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
• Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
• Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient's outcomes;
• Diagnosing common health conditions;
• Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
• Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
• Referring patients and clients appropriately;
• Facilitating patients' admission and initiating discharge plans;
• Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
• Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
• Collecting and collating data for research;
• Evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients and preparing individualized reports;
• Conducting assessment of schools health needs;
• Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports;
• Identifying occupational health needs and making appropriate recommendations.
In addition to the above general duties, the officer at this level will be responsible for care of patients (paediatrics and adults) who require critical care nursing. Specific duties will include:
• Assessment and nursing care of patients;
• Initiation of patient care and machine monitoring in the critical care unit;
• Nursing care prior to and following specialised surgery;
• Organizing for and coordinating training for staff on critical care;
• Ensuring a safe environment for care of patients;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Nursing; Patient care; Data collection; Training program planning; Research planning; Admission and discharge of clientRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)