Job verified by Fuzu
Plan International | Kisumu, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Reliever Driver - Kisumu
- High, secondary school
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Reliever Driver - KisumuStores Assistant-Uganda
Exquisite Solution Limited (Uganda)
Stores & Warehouse Analyst - Zurit
Securex Agencies (K) LTD
Duty Manager Flight Dispatch
Jobs in Transportation, logistics, drivingMid-Level jobsJobs located in Kisumu
The purpose of the job is to provide transportation services to Plan staff, materials and mail in a safe, courteous and timely manner to enable the Program Unit (PU) effectively carry out its annual plan.
• Cleans vehicle and performs routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
• Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher/fuel card and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
• Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6.00 pm.
• Ensures that after hours travel have prior formal approval by the supervisor and security office.
• To report immediately to the Admin & Logistics Manager all accidents involving Plan vehicles
• Comply to the motor vehicle policy provisions, Plan transport policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed.
• Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
• Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
• Timely and accurate completion of vehicle log books for submission to the supervisor by the second day of the month.
• Prepare monthly vehicles maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
• Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
• Performs clerical work in the office when required. This includes banking, filing, sourcing quotations writing purchase orders, letters of inquiry and general data capturing as required.Dealing with Problems:
The position holder has to exhibit maturity and patience in dealing with his passengers, making sound decisions in giving directions.
1. Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KisumuArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Driving license Class B, C, E - light vehicles & heavy commercial vehicles; Vehicle maintenance and repair; Reporting; Car driving; Courier service (postal); Road freight traffic (long/short distance, various cargo); Traffic laws and regulationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)