The position holder is expected to provide general nursing care to Renal patients.
Qualification & requirement
• Diploma from a recognized school of nursing or University
• Higher diploma in nephrology nursing.
• Minimum six months of clinical experience in a dialysis unit.
• Certification in BLS, ACLS, ATL is an added advantage.
• Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
• 1 year of continuous Clinical experience in a hospital setting.
• To provide safe and compassionate care to patients and family.
• Assess patients and develop care plans based on patients’ needs.
• Document and validate all assessment data in the appropriate charts.
• Safely administer and monitor medications given.
• Demonstrate appropriate practice on infection prevention and control.
• Prepare for and assist Doctors to perform various procedures within the scope of practice.
• Prepare the patient for various diagnostic tests within the scope of practice.
• Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching.
• Provide safe environment for patients, family, and stakeholders.
• Participate in continual nursing education and quality improvement.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exercise teamwork and collaboration in all spheres of practice.
• Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity, integrity, and trust.
• Be responsible and accountable for own practice.
• Adhere to professional standards and ethics as required by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: