Raising The VillageUganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Senior Project Officer, Raising The Village’s (RTV) Replication Assistant works in collaboration with the Sub-County Community Development Officer (CDO) to jointly implement RTV’s methodology throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, financial literacy and village savings and loans, gender equality and community driven development, etc. Project Assistant works in collaboration with government officials and community members to improve household income, promote gender equality and eradicate ultra-poverty in last mile hard to reach communities.
• Conduct project design review meetings with the CDO and their respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
• Co-coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behavior and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
• Responsible to support the CDO in the implementation of RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
• Develop and submit list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution in conjunction with the government technical extension officers i.e. agricultural extension officer, sub-county vet and RTV’s procurement team;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Work with the CDO to identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings in partnership with the CDO with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RTV based projects;
Reporting and Administration
• Train and support the CDO to develop and manage work plans;
• Train and support the CDO to complete field reporting on a weekly basis;
• Provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the District Lead;
• Take photographs and share for data repository;
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the Senior Project Officer and the implementation team to improve RTV’s replication programming;
• Provide suggestions to Senior Project Officer and Project Officer on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure sustainability of RTV projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Luganda (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Other Jobs at Raising The Village
Raising The Village / Uganda
Product Development Officer
Kampala / Tugende Limited
Intern - Programme Support, I
Nairobi / United Nations
Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation Fellow
Kampala / Youth Challenge International
Climate Action Fellow
Kampala / Youth Challenge International
Project Management Assistant
Nairobi / United Nations Volunteers (UNV)