Job verified by Fuzu
African Population and Health Research Centre | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Research, academy
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, nongovernmental organization committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub Saharan Africa. APHRC seeks to fill the position of a Research Assistant in the Urban Education project within its Education and Youth Empowerment Unit (EYE).
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and flexible with ability to mobilize, manage and coordinate diverse groups of urban education stakeholders in East Africa. The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Tanzania and Uganda. The successful candidate will be working under the guidance of the project manager and the Education Working Group Coordinator.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal Please indicate Research Assistant (Urban Education) on the subject line of the email. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100 GPO, Nairobi
• Support in coordinating the activities of the already existing urban education groups (UEGs) under the guidance of the project coordinator
• Lead in implementing policy and communication strategies developed by the UEGs in the three countries.
• Support in identifying training needs and organizing of capacity building ventures of partner organizations
• Contribute to developing donor project reports.
• Draft meeting reports capturing the key discussions and action points and make follow ups.
• Plan and participate in one-on-one meetings with identified key technical persons and policymakers, andmake follow-ups on the action points.
• Participate in organising UEG meetings as may be requested by the project manager and the project coordinator
• Perform other UEG related duties as may be assigned
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Research, academySeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Programme management; Training delivery; Project implementation; Research planning; Meeting management; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply