Job verified by Fuzu
Busara Center | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Research Engagement Director (Labs)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Research, academy
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
The Busara Center is growing once again. We are taking applications for new associates. This year we've signed new projects in Egypt and Pakistan, started a Policy Innovation Unit in Nigeria and grown our Ugandan office. We've examined poverty through the prism of aspirations, stress levels and cash transfers. We are now operating in Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria, as well as Kenya. That's all in pursuit of our twin missions of advancing behavioral science and alleviating poverty.
- Manage and coordinate a portfolio of projects across multiple client bases (primarily academic researchers, but also private sector, government etc.).
- Structure, design, and deliver external and internal engagements to client’s / PI’s satisfaction
- Manage, motivate, and coach staff in the Labs Division (Research Specialists, Labs Managers, Labs Coordinators, Lab Officers, and Labs Assistants) to execute projects in their portfolio.
- Strategically assemble teams on projects that maximize the probability of success, but also develop new skills and competencies among Busara’s talent pool and supporting divisions.
- Stay current on the latest research in qualitative and quantitative methods, behavioral science, psychology, economics, development and any other relevant field to provide creative direction for engagements.
- Ensure the overall operational quality of the Labs division, including that research and data systems are maintained and processes adhered to with the strictest standards. Also ensure adherence to our ethical and open science standards.
- Ensure quality on all work products produced and drafted for research projects by giving regular feedback to Labs teams, but also occasionally contributing to content.
- Regularly coordinate across divisions to ensure research and data systems are up-to-date and state of the art.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for clients, partners, and PIs. Understand and preempt needs of stakeholders through proactive communication and troubleshooting.
- Structure successful project on boarding and off boarding exercises to support knowledge management between projects.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Research, academySeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Reporting; Logistics planning and management; Research planning; Research publication; Qualitative methods; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply