Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Business, strategic management
- Executive (director)
- Full Time
The Response Director (RD) has primary responsibility for directing the response from strategy to implementation, inclusive of performance and oversight of all aspects of the response. She/he should develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team, while ensuring effective coordination and relationships with the other agencies, officials, beneficiaries, donors and all areas of the Partnership.
Develop and monitor implementation of response strategy that addresses WV strategic goals to meet humanitarian needs:
Ensure response is staffed to meet response needs:
- Lead response strategy development with National Director (ND), Regional Leader (RL), Partnership Executive Team
- (PET) and other senior stakeholders.
- Ensure primary and secondary information on needs inform strategy formulation.
- Ensure context analysis informs strategy development.
- Consult with ND and RL to ensure National Office (NO) strategy and plans (including Child Wellbeing targets) are taken into account in
- response strategy formulation.
- Ensure strategy aligns with anticipated capacity.
- Monitor appropriateness of strategy in addition to implementation of strategy and transition plans.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with humanitarian actors, government representatives, World Vision stakeholders, the media and general public:
- Lead team/individual development and provide direction and support as needed to enable effective performance.
- Contribute to NO capacity building in the area of emergency response in coordination with NO leadership and Human Resources (HR).
- Determine response organization structure with ND and HR.
- Conduct high-level workforce planning with HR and mobilise surge functions as required.
- Oversee the recruitment of the RDs direct reports.
- Ensure defined accountabilities under the Emergency Management System (EMS) are clear for each function including Term of Reference (TOR) objectives and qualitycriteria.
- Ensure HR works with EMS functions to identify workforce requirements.
- Ensure HR plans for capacity building with EMS functions.
- Ensure HR develops performance planning and review processes that include quality criteria.
- Ensure HR establishes a staff care function and mechanisms that support staff well-being.
- Consult ND to plan Response team transition/integration.
- Ensure adequate internal communications mechanisms are in place to ensure policies, information and decisions are shared with staff as appropriate.
Develop and plan response to achieve response strategy goal and objectives:
- Represent the response in Partnership Executive Team and Partnership Coordination Team (PCT) (where activated).
- Identify and highlight areas of conflict to Response Senior Management Team (SMT), ND, RL and Partnership
- Executive Committee (where activated).
- Create and maintain collaborative relations and where appropriate partnerships with government, other NGOs, UN
- agencies, civil society, churches, bi-lateral missions and donors.
- Participate in consortium meetings and Response related national coordination meetings.
- Ensure World Vision is represented at relevant technical and coordination mechanisms in-country.
- Serve as an organizational spokesperson for media interviews, advocacy initiatives and other public events.
Implement response programme in accordance with commitments to meet international and WV standards:
- Provide oversight to funding allocation (i.e. Private Non-sponsorship or PNS, grants, etc) to ensure alignment with
- strategy and humanitarian needs.
- Ensure response programme development meets World Vision and international standards.
- Ensure that adequate funding to address humanitarian needs is acquired.
- Ensure Advocacy staff are empowered to integrate advocacy across sectors and to develop child-focused advocacy positions which are aligned with strategy and organisational priorities, in strong alignment with NO and Response
- Operations teams.
- Facilitate the signing of MOUs and contracts, with donors, Support Offices (SOs) and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate waivers are in place to facilitate timely response implementation.
Initiate response funding mechanisms with support of ND, RL & Regional HEA Director (RHEAD):
- Ensure that accessible beneficiary feedback mechanisms are established and functioning.
- Ensure staff establish community accountability methods across all of the response program.
- Monitor and identify risks to programme quality and coordinate resources to address them.
- Ensure that all programmes are implemented, monitored and evaluated according to set plans and that agreements
- with donors, SOs and other stakeholders are adhered to.
- Ensure management meetings address quality risks, relevant monitoring data and community feedback.
- Initiate resourcing mechanisms and ensure financial and material (in-kind) resources are managed according to WV
- standards, donor and SO agreements.
Ensure that response meets World Vision minimum quality standards and supports program improvement, reflection, learning and innovation:
- Ensure that funding is managed and accounted for in compliance with donors and Support Offices agreements and WV standards.
- Ensure that programme and projects audits are planned and conducted as per WV audit regulations and donor government requirements.
- Ensure that audit reports are responded to and recommendations implemented.
Oversee Security function, planning and implementation to ensure response staff and organisational safety and security:
- Ensure previous response learnings from Global learning facilitator are reviewed in program design.
- Encourage the incorporation of best practice and innovation in program design.
- Ensure all functions have quality planning sessions to meet quality objectives of their TOR.
- Ensure achievement level of all function quality objectives is monitored monthly and reported.
- Ensure risks that prevent the achievement of quality objectives are reported and rapidly addressed.
- Ensure mechanisms are established to identify, document, and share lessons learned with Partnership.
Ensure response internal and external reporting requirements are met:
- Ensure staffing of Security function.
- Provide oversight to implementation of security protocols as per CSR.
- Facilitate inter-agency coordination for information sharing and intelligence sharing.
Ensure that response staff have appropriate housing, offices and information/communication systems:
- Liaise with Programmes and Info Management to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are planned for
- and reports are prepared.
- Review and submit partnership programme reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly management reports.
- Ensure internal response coordination & information sharing mechanisms are functioning.
- Ensure that staff have access to appropriate office space/equipment, information/communication systems/equipment
- and other facilities which enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
- Ensure that all response vehicles and other equipment are well managed and maintained.
- Where necessary, ensure that relevant staff have access to appropriate housing.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Executive (director)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Business strategy; Partnerships; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply