Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Response Innovation Lab Manager
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Response Innovation Lab ManagerProgram Management Specialist - Peace Building.
Deputy Area Manager –(Uganda)
Danish Refugee Council
Associate Director, Field Operations-Uganda
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
To drive and prioritize the development of diverse income streams to ensure the sustainability of the Response Innovation Lab. The Lab Manager will oversee and support innovation in the country Lab through the Resilience Innovation Lab partners and by building the country wide humanitarian innovation ecosystem. He/ She will ensure innovation impact from projects in the lab, create a focus on learning, pivoting and flexibility. The position holder will find country wide humanitarian challenges, capacity, new ideas to move into projects to improve humanitarian operations in the country and share with the global Response Innovation Lab network
• Work with Country Lab Executive Committee to define and implement innovation strategy, projects and methodologies that envision, develop and incubate innovative ideas.
• Drive and prioritize a funding acquisition strategy to ensure the Lab has access to diverse income streams in order to execute the strategy, recruit needed staff, and ensure the sustainability of the Lab, support innovation projects;
• Provide full project management oversight to ensure excellence in execution of all country Lab plans and programs. Lead in project planning and coordination to ensure timely and quality implementation of all program activities.
• Focus on acceleration or scale up of projects that succeed in the lab and documentation and sharing of those which fail.
• Work with finance team to develop and monitor the project budget and ensure regular reporting to the donor.
• Work with the technical leads to provide adequate HR oversight to the project team and partners as relevant
• Serve as the main point of contact and ambassador for the Country Lab
• Manage risks for the Country Lab, discussing and mitigating these with the Executive Committee and the Global RIL team
• Facilitate entrenchment of a culture of innovation through effective cultivation of ideas, best practices, pivoting and harnessing of lessons.
• Develop partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders involving technology, commerce, innovation, humanitarian and government in the Country Lab.
• Lead in ensuring effective management of resources.
• Ensure effective partnership to bring in staff capacity and support from a range of public and private organizations to promote new types of thinking and implementation of quality programs with support from people who have the appropriate skill set.
• Lead Innovation Forum and innovation events.
• Support the development of the Country Lab Executive partners and the governance structures that support this entity
• Support the process of developing strong, strategic partnerships, coalitions and networks.
Learning & Reporting
• Maintain accurate documentation of best practices, case studies, results, learning and impact of programs.
• Contribute to the development and testing of monitoring and evaluation tools for the different functions offered within the Lab
• Document strategic thinking, dashboard reports, status of innovation implementation and matters of partnership, leadership or management concern of the Country Lab.
• Report monthly progress to the Lab Executive Committee and the RIL Central Support Unit
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Partnerships; Project implementation; Laboratory operationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)