Fuzu Exclusive Job
Car & General | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
To perform all duties pertaining to risk and compliance and to principally manage Compliance /Regulatory Risk as well as other risks faced by the company
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Kenya regulatory environment more so for listed company
• Ability to influence without authority – good negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Open minded and solution oriented
• Ability to take initiative and follow through on defined tasks.
• Possess excellent analytical and report writing skills
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage staff
• Possess at least 3 years’ working experience as a risk or compliance practitioner
• Possess high integrity and good personal conduct
• Proficient in SAP
• Develop and regularly update a detailed risk register for all entity risk exposures
• Implement, review and update risk management framework for key risks faced by the company i.e. Operational, Credit, Liquidity, ICT, Market, Reputational and Regulatory risks.
• Develop, maintain and undertake periodic reviews related to risk mapping, risk assessment and measurement in line with changing business environment.
• Periodic follow up with process owners for closure of risk exposures identified.
• Make recommendations to senior management on how to reduce or avoid cases of risk exposure by coming up with proactive risk management strategy.
• Entrenching and reinforcing of organization-wide risk culture
• Implementation, follow up and review of Compliance Assessment Checklists and Reports covering all identified risks
• Perform Branch Compliance Visits, Training & Testing of policies, processes and procedures.
• Conduct quality assurance for new policies, processes and procedures before rolling out.
• Responsible for all regulatory and statutory compliance matters and questionnaires
• Ensure daily & periodic review of exception reports from SAP
• Prepare data for quarterly board reports – updated risk register and compliance checklist
• Any other duties allocated by the Head of Audit, Risk and Compliance
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Risk management; Reporting; Analytics; Auditing of accounts; Compliance; Risk analysis; CPA certificationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply