Risk & Compliance Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 13 days left to apply for this job.
The Risk & Compliance Manager will establish, implement and enforce a robust company-wide risk management and compliance framework and systems (policies, processes and tools) covering risk governance,BCP, internal audit and compliance. This role will also champion a culture of compliance throughout the Company to ensure everyone complies with external regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Design and oversee the Company-wide risk management strategy, aligning all risk management and associated internal control activities to support achievement of business objectives.
- Facilitate the integration of risk management policy and strategy into all department’s strategies and activities.
- Review operational policies to ensure compliance with laws and regulations for the management and board approval.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with emergencies( perform annual BCP/DR risk analysis, planning, testing or live execution for the business.)
- Ensure appropriate information on risk and internal controls is provided to the stakeholders of the Company in a timely manner to minimise/eliminate the adverse effects.
- Ensure that risk identification and assessment activities are performed across the Company on a regular basis, Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs) are reviewed and challenged where necessary and appropriate escalation procedures are in place.
- Prepare budget to cater for audits, costs to be incurred to mitigate risks, insurances, etc
- Identify portfolio, operational, systems, resourcing and reputation risks and provide recommendations to reduce or control identified risks.
- Review and provide recommendations/amendments on investment prospects and other proposals presented.
- Liaise with HR (Learning & Talent) to develop group wide staff training programs that build risk and compliance awareness.
- Prepare quarterly reports on the risk assessment.
- Provide leadership to the Risk and Compliance Department.
- Risk & Compliance Strategy framework documents aligned to the Company Strategy.
- Timely Reports
- Status :Risk register, BCP Plan and Corrective Actions
Attributes & Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution.
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), (CISA) or Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years Experience: Risk Management in a medium to large-sized organization.
- Strong analytical skills
Facilitating Change: Good communication skills for explaining complex concerns, policies and procedures to senior management & employees
- Planning & Organization: Ability of execute strategy
- Business Acumen: Deep understanding of regulations and the external working environment dynamics
- Relationship Building: Excellent interpersonal skills and integrity
- Passion for Results: Willingness to contribute to the development of the workplace in a constructive and genuinely enthusiastic manner
- Demonstrated flexibility, sensitivity and resilience in high pressure and changing work environment
- Coaching & Developing others as a team leader within the Risk & Compliance department
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education