Job verified by Fuzu
Jubilee Insurance KE | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Risk Survey Officer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Undertaking risk surveys on risks proposed to us by JICK clients in order to evaluate physical risks at clients’ premises/site(s) and identifying of areas where the risk may be reduced. Issuing comprehensive survey reports, including photographic evidence and recommendations, where appropriate.
1. Writing and proofreading survey reports for underwriters.
2. Making recommendations to underwriters about required improvements.
3. Liaising with safety and health inspectors, clients, insurance brokers and underwriters.
4. Taking and/or Collecting photographs as evidence.
5. Maintaining awareness of changes in the legislation in respect of risk protection & improvements.
6. Give quarterly reports on all the survey reports done.
7. Visiting sites alone or with underwriters.
8. Assessing and evaluating risk to buildings, employees or customers by undertaking appropriate research
9. Carrying out detailed site surveys (accidents and liability, burglary and theft, engineering insurance & fire) .
10. Providing advice to clients (brokers/agents/direct clients) and making recommendations about required improvements.
11. Assigning quality grades after improvements have been made.
12. Maintaining awareness of changes in legislation and trading processes.
13. Work with the risk control team and other departments to maintain technical knowledge and standards within the business.
14. Keep up to date with technical aspects affecting risks, e.g. trade processes, legislation and hazardous materials.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: GIS surveying; Compliance; Reporting; Underwriting business; Risk analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply