Sales Account Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 44 days left to apply for this job.
The successful candidate will be responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, tour operators, travel agents, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel. Also develops strategic action plans for hotels to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue.
Key Performance Measures
Measurable – Direct
1. Account productivity
2. Attendance & Punctuality
3. Keeping to deadlines
4. Man-days of training conducted
5. Man-days of training attended
6. Hotel promotions / events assisted with F&B Dept.
7. Maintenance of database
8. Customer satisfaction index, as measured through guest comment cards
9. Response on sales leads / generation of sales leads
10. Activity – Sales calls / Sales leads / entertainment / Prospects converted
- Proven success in a similar role and environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Polished personal presentation with Warm, confident and hospitable personality.
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in a hotel set up is a must.
- Bachelors’ degree in sales and marketing or any other related course (Bachelors’ degree is a must)
1. Solicits business for all the hotels from clients
2. Establish a relation with the travel agents and tour operators
3. Follows up on solicitations calls through personal calls, either at the client’s office or at the hotel (minimum 30 business calls per week).
4. Participates in sales blitz and sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
5. Writes reports on sales calls made and follow-up activities and submits to Group Sales and marketing manager weekly and copies to general managers of the hotels
6. Attends weekly sales meetings
7. Participates in training sessions both internal and those sponsored by the hotel or by various industries related groups and associations.
8. Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to the properties, develop professional long term business relationships.
9. Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
10. Clear understanding of the hotels business strategies then set goals and determine action plans to meet those goals.
11. Organizing and attending events related to the travel trade
12. Act as daily point of contact with international, local and regional travel trade teams in designated markets.
13. Liaise with travel trade operators, travel agents and tour operators on various travel trade cooperative programs and promotional opportunities
14. Coordinate promotional activities related to assigned international markets which can include on- and-offline marketing programs in broadcast, print, outdoor, display, search engine marketing, eCRM, social media, mobile,
15. Clear understanding of your sales targets and working towards achieving the targets
16. Update action plans and financial objectives monthly
17. Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
18. Represent the hotels in various events, trade shows and exhibitions.
19. Visiting clients regularly and organizing cocktails events for them.
20. Doing competition comparison for other hotels
21. Preparing contract rates, quotations and proforma invoices on time for the clients and filing them.
22. Implements all sales action plans related to your market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
23. Familiarizing yourselves with sales and marketing department Standard Operating Procedures
24. When possible, brings clients to the hotel to provide promotional materials and a tour of the hotel’s facilities.
25. Maintaining information on files for groups which have used the hotel in the past, and on groups which might be expected to use the hotel in the future.
26. Maintaining a robust database for your clients
27. Any other duties as assigned by your managersRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)